Used 1992 Dodge Stealth ES Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Dodge Stealth - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stealth model:

Very good car!
By HFSMM1

1992 Dodge Stealth Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used with about 66,000 miles and have had it until present April 2010 with 182,000 mi. It has performed very well. It always starts up in cold weather and runs well. I have had to repair it of course (normal wear and tear) but I like this car a lot and was (is still to a degree) a head turner. Very quick and fun to drive. Since it is FWD it pulls well in the snow but it has low clearance so if its more than 4 inches of snow I get stuck. I am about to buy a new car and will probably sell it. If I could afford to keep 2 cars I would keep it. I am sure this car would/will do 1 million miles.

Favorite Features

Best looking sports car under 50k. Reliable. Quick and handles well for a large sports car.

Suggested Improvements

I only wish I had the Turbo RT version.

Front-drive sports car!
By Marcus

1992 Dodge Stealth Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

An enthusiast's machine for Dodge dollars. Great handling on tight mountain curves, even in snow (#1 ski car). I just wave politely @ Subarus and SUVs when I pass them to get first tracks. Classic exterior, nothing else like it. 210 horses before the K&N air filter and 3 in. exhaust. So fun it makes commuting a blast. The bad news: expensive maintenance/repair, especially parts (timing belt, water pump, throttle body...). Needs premium gas to reach its peak. Mine has 89K miles as of 1/06, has needed choke repair, T belt/water pump, dome light sensor switch on door, currently has small leak in clutch hydraulics. Not much considering the daily pleasure of cruising it around in all conditions.

Favorite Features

Performance, visual appeal, uniqueness, interior layout, handling. Sportiest front-drive I've found. Easy to oil change. Decent gas mileage, 29 @ 75 mph at Colorado elevations. Drive a nice one of these, you'll get the picture.

Suggested Improvements

Very expensive parts/service. Diamondstar quality is better than American, not on a par with Honda/Toyota. Stealthy, yes, but could they make it invisible to police?

1992 Dodge Stealth
By janet

1992 Dodge Stealth Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

This is the best car I ever owned! It was low maintenance, had a beautiful design outside and very comfortable inside. If they still made them, I'd buy another one to replace this one.

Favorite Features

Acceleration, extensive leg room for driver and passenger. It is like a touring car instead of just a sports car.

Suggested Improvements

Improve back seat and trunk storage. It is so much fun to drive those are minor issues!