Used 1992 Dodge Stealth Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Dodge Stealth - Consumer Reviews

1992 Dodge Stealth Coupe

View reviews for a specific Stealth model:

Car is great all around
By ntc12919209

1992 Dodge Stealth Coupe R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought my Stealth over last winter. Was not running when bought but quickly found out that it was just a bad crank sensor. I got lucky with the condition of the car, as it was BONE stock when i got it. When i replaced the clutch at 172000 miles i was surprised to find the original clutch disk still in there. Since then i have done a few upgrades (cone filter, cat delete with megan racing down pipe. full 3" out the back, also put a stage 3 clutch in and couldnt be happier. car is great and love the sound of the turbos spooling.

Favorite Features

Turbo's, AWD, AWS, Adjust-ability of the drivers seat

Suggested Improvements

Either should have been a 2 seater or somehow made more room for back seat,

Textbook Chrylser
By cord1500

1992 Dodge Stealth Coupe R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

The Stealth represents what is wrong with Chrysler and why they are where they are today. A unique, sporty, and attractive exterior design plagued by a dollar store interior and reliability of weather. Numerous electrical faults, windows, alternator, and transmission in the first two years! Spent more time at Dodge than in my garage. Performance was great then, but I've seen R/T Stealths blown away by 4 door G-35 recently

Favorite Features

Looks and performance (at the time)

Suggested Improvements

Component quality, Improve dismal reliability.

Very good car!
By HFSMM1

1992 Dodge Stealth Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used with about 66,000 miles and have had it until present April 2010 with 182,000 mi. It has performed very well. It always starts up in cold weather and runs well. I have had to repair it of course (normal wear and tear) but I like this car a lot and was (is still to a degree) a head turner. Very quick and fun to drive. Since it is FWD it pulls well in the snow but it has low clearance so if its more than 4 inches of snow I get stuck. I am about to buy a new car and will probably sell it. If I could afford to keep 2 cars I would keep it. I am sure this car would/will do 1 million miles.

Favorite Features

Best looking sports car under 50k. Reliable. Quick and handles well for a large sports car.

Suggested Improvements

I only wish I had the Turbo RT version.

Watch out.
By Jonathan

1992 Dodge Stealth Coupe R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

These aren't reliable. Dont let the name fool you. This car is what is known as a "captive import". It is a Mitsubishi 3000gt badged as a Dodge. Mitsu parts are very expensive, and the labor is difficult and expensive as well. They break easily especially with age. But, if you happen to get a good one, the twin-turbos are awesome, and the all wheel drive is really fun as well.

Favorite Features

The twin-turbos and all wheel steering features.

Suggested Improvements

Stationary lights, new cd player, and a six speed transmission.

Amazing car
By Luke

1992 Dodge Stealth Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe

This car is one of the most fun i have ever driven. It has great performance and handling. The car roars to life as soon as the throttle is floored.The interior is very small, like Porsche or Ferrari small, and the back seat is pointlessly small. the driver and passenger comfort is great and very, very spacious. I am 6' 4" and I can stretch my legs straight out in the passenger seat. The styling comes stock looking like a high performance supercar, including gauge pods for the many different gauges. I have not had any problems with the car since I bought it. This car is a unique eye catcher even fully stock.

Favorite Features

The engine has a great roar, seats are amazingly customizable (lumbar, seat angle, thigh support, back tilt), and is easily customizable, but high performance upgrades are very expensive for this unique and rare car. most mods must be made custom for the car.

Suggested Improvements

Defrost vents crack on this model. The cars were recalled, but few people knew about it, so many cars still have it. The car is amazingly heavy for a sports car, almost tipping 2 tons.