1992 Dodge Stealth Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stealth model:
Very good car!
By HFSMM1 on 04/17/10 15:19 PM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Stealth Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used with about 66,000 miles and have had it until present April 2010 with 182,000 mi. It has performed very well. It always starts up in cold weather and runs well. I have had to repair it of course (normal wear and tear) but I like this car a lot and was (is still to a degree) a head turner. Very quick and fun to drive. Since it is FWD it pulls well in the snow but it has low clearance so if its more than 4 inches of snow I get stuck. I am about to buy a new car and will probably sell it. If I could afford to keep 2 cars I would keep it. I am sure this car would/will do 1 million miles.

Car is great all around
By ntc12919209 on 11/04/09 19:35 PM (PST)

1992 Dodge Stealth Coupe R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought my Stealth over last winter. Was not running when bought but quickly found out that it was just a bad crank sensor. I got lucky with the condition of the car, as it was BONE stock when i got it. When i replaced the clutch at 172000 miles i was surprised to find the original clutch disk still in there. Since then i have done a few upgrades (cone filter, cat delete with megan racing down pipe. full 3" out the back, also put a stage 3 clutch in and couldnt be happier. car is great and love the sound of the turbos spooling.

Textbook Chrylser
By cord1500 on 08/21/09 10:19 AM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Stealth Coupe R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

The Stealth represents what is wrong with Chrysler and why they are where they are today. A unique, sporty, and attractive exterior design plagued by a dollar store interior and reliability of weather. Numerous electrical faults, windows, alternator, and transmission in the first two years! Spent more time at Dodge than in my garage. Performance was great then, but I've seen R/T Stealths blown away by 4 door G-35 recently

Amazing car
By Luke on 04/03/08 19:26 PM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Stealth Coupe R/T 2dr Coupe

This car is one of the most fun i have ever driven. It has great performance and handling. The car roars to life as soon as the throttle is floored.The interior is very small, like Porsche or Ferrari small, and the back seat is pointlessly small. the driver and passenger comfort is great and very, very spacious. I am 6' 4" and I can stretch my legs straight out in the passenger seat. The styling comes stock looking like a high performance supercar, including gauge pods for the many different gauges. I have not had any problems with the car since I bought it. This car is a unique eye catcher even fully stock.

Watch out.
By Jonathan on 08/16/07 21:14 PM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Stealth Coupe R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

These aren't reliable. Dont let the name fool you. This car is what is known as a "captive import". It is a Mitsubishi 3000gt badged as a Dodge. Mitsu parts are very expensive, and the labor is difficult and expensive as well. They break easily especially with age. But, if you happen to get a good one, the twin-turbos are awesome, and the all wheel drive is really fun as well.

Heavenly
By StealthTT on 12/27/06 17:46 PM (PST)

1992 Dodge Stealth Coupe R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought my Pearl white 92 Stealth R/T TT from a Dodge fanatic. The price was to good to let it pass me up. With upkept maintience and a few "tasteful" mods, this car has smoked Corvettes and the like. This car is "godly". If your driving style is "easy going" and you're not going to race it or anything of the sort, I've heard of of them going for 170,000 miles before anything to big needed repairs. But if you're like me and many others, about 8-90000 miles you'll be needing some money for repairs, lots of money. But the Stealth R/T TT is worth every penny. I've invested more time and money into this car than I'll admit. I have had no regrets. Best super car ever!

I must have got a good one!
By Mr. Moore on 06/14/06 12:38 PM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Stealth Coupe 2dr Coupe

Bought the car in '97 with 45000 mi. Drove it until '03 when wife blew engine driving it with blown heater hose. Had 203,000 when motor went. Had tranny rebuilt at 150,000 for $2200 dollars. New engine and shop install cost $5500, way more than car is worth. Just couldn't part with car, it's like an old friend. The car is incredibly fast for a base model & handles great. Only real drawback to the design is the placement of spoiler in the middle of the back window blocking rear view mirror, although glad for spoiler over 90 miles an hour, & back seats have no leg room. Love the car & hope for 200,000 more miles.

Fun to Drive - even in the desert!
By Meghan on 05/20/06 05:50 AM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Stealth Coupe R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought my RT used in Kuwait - where a good cooling system is imperative. Has proven to be excellent. The car is the only Stealth turbo in the country and still going strong after all these years. People don't know what it is! The dealership never brought the Stealth to Kuwait, so parts are a nightmare here.

Front-drive sports car!
By Marcus on 01/06/06 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Dodge Stealth Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

An enthusiast's machine for Dodge dollars. Great handling on tight mountain curves, even in snow (#1 ski car). I just wave politely @ Subarus and SUVs when I pass them to get first tracks. Classic exterior, nothing else like it. 210 horses before the K&N air filter and 3 in. exhaust. So fun it makes commuting a blast. The bad news: expensive maintenance/repair, especially parts (timing belt, water pump, throttle body...). Needs premium gas to reach its peak. Mine has 89K miles as of 1/06, has needed choke repair, T belt/water pump, dome light sensor switch on door, currently has small leak in clutch hydraulics. Not much considering the daily pleasure of cruising it around in all conditions.

1992 Dodge Stealth
By janet on 04/25/05 15:34 PM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Stealth Coupe ES 2dr Coupe

This is the best car I ever owned! It was low maintenance, had a beautiful design outside and very comfortable inside. If they still made them, I'd buy another one to replace this one.