Used 1992 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Dodge Stealth - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stealth model:

Car is great all around
By ntc12919209

1992 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought my Stealth over last winter. Was not running when bought but quickly found out that it was just a bad crank sensor. I got lucky with the condition of the car, as it was BONE stock when i got it. When i replaced the clutch at 172000 miles i was surprised to find the original clutch disk still in there. Since then i have done a few upgrades (cone filter, cat delete with megan racing down pipe. full 3" out the back, also put a stage 3 clutch in and couldnt be happier. car is great and love the sound of the turbos spooling.

Turbo's, AWD, AWS, Adjust-ability of the drivers seat

Either should have been a 2 seater or somehow made more room for back seat,

Textbook Chrylser
By cord1500

1992 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

The Stealth represents what is wrong with Chrysler and why they are where they are today. A unique, sporty, and attractive exterior design plagued by a dollar store interior and reliability of weather. Numerous electrical faults, windows, alternator, and transmission in the first two years! Spent more time at Dodge than in my garage. Performance was great then, but I've seen R/T Stealths blown away by 4 door G-35 recently

Looks and performance (at the time)

Component quality, Improve dismal reliability.

Watch out.
By Jonathan

1992 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

These aren't reliable. Dont let the name fool you. This car is what is known as a "captive import". It is a Mitsubishi 3000gt badged as a Dodge. Mitsu parts are very expensive, and the labor is difficult and expensive as well. They break easily especially with age. But, if you happen to get a good one, the twin-turbos are awesome, and the all wheel drive is really fun as well.

The twin-turbos and all wheel steering features.

Stationary lights, new cd player, and a six speed transmission.

Heavenly
By StealthTT

1992 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought my Pearl white 92 Stealth R/T TT from a Dodge fanatic. The price was to good to let it pass me up. With upkept maintience and a few "tasteful" mods, this car has smoked Corvettes and the like. This car is "godly". If your driving style is "easy going" and you're not going to race it or anything of the sort, I've heard of of them going for 170,000 miles before anything to big needed repairs. But if you're like me and many others, about 8-90000 miles you'll be needing some money for repairs, lots of money. But the Stealth R/T TT is worth every penny. I've invested more time and money into this car than I'll admit. I have had no regrets. Best super car ever!

We'll it is a DSM, that's a bonus. The phrase "Move like a butter-fly, sting like a bee" this car's handling and power is that and more. A few mod's and upgrades and you have the best car money can buy. Penny for penny, this is the best car ever!

Bigger brakes and radar jammers should have been a standard option.

Fun to Drive - even in the desert!
By Meghan

1992 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought my RT used in Kuwait - where a good cooling system is imperative. Has proven to be excellent. The car is the only Stealth turbo in the country and still going strong after all these years. People don't know what it is! The dealership never brought the Stealth to Kuwait, so parts are a nightmare here.

AWD is great - fun around corners. I didn't know it was front wheel drive until I got stuck on a sand dune.

Like other owners, I have to complain about the ECU and the gear synchronizers. I've replaced 3 ECU's and you can usually detect the problem by a faint smoke. I've also found that if you replace the plugs and cables with high performance (Splitfire), you get a lot more power out of the car.