1992 Dodge Stealth - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stealth model:
Car is great all around
By ntc12919209 on 11/04/09 19:35 PM (PST)

1992 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought my Stealth over last winter. Was not running when bought but quickly found out that it was just a bad crank sensor. I got lucky with the condition of the car, as it was BONE stock when i got it. When i replaced the clutch at 172000 miles i was surprised to find the original clutch disk still in there. Since then i have done a few upgrades (cone filter, cat delete with megan racing down pipe. full 3" out the back, also put a stage 3 clutch in and couldnt be happier. car is great and love the sound of the turbos spooling.

Textbook Chrylser
By cord1500 on 08/21/09 10:19 AM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

The Stealth represents what is wrong with Chrysler and why they are where they are today. A unique, sporty, and attractive exterior design plagued by a dollar store interior and reliability of weather. Numerous electrical faults, windows, alternator, and transmission in the first two years! Spent more time at Dodge than in my garage. Performance was great then, but I've seen R/T Stealths blown away by 4 door G-35 recently

Watch out.
By Jonathan on 08/16/07 21:14 PM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

These aren't reliable. Dont let the name fool you. This car is what is known as a "captive import". It is a Mitsubishi 3000gt badged as a Dodge. Mitsu parts are very expensive, and the labor is difficult and expensive as well. They break easily especially with age. But, if you happen to get a good one, the twin-turbos are awesome, and the all wheel drive is really fun as well.

Heavenly
By StealthTT on 12/27/06 17:46 PM (PST)

1992 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought my Pearl white 92 Stealth R/T TT from a Dodge fanatic. The price was to good to let it pass me up. With upkept maintience and a few "tasteful" mods, this car has smoked Corvettes and the like. This car is "godly". If your driving style is "easy going" and you're not going to race it or anything of the sort, I've heard of of them going for 170,000 miles before anything to big needed repairs. But if you're like me and many others, about 8-90000 miles you'll be needing some money for repairs, lots of money. But the Stealth R/T TT is worth every penny. I've invested more time and money into this car than I'll admit. I have had no regrets. Best super car ever!

Fun to Drive - even in the desert!
By Meghan on 05/20/06 05:50 AM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought my RT used in Kuwait - where a good cooling system is imperative. Has proven to be excellent. The car is the only Stealth turbo in the country and still going strong after all these years. People don't know what it is! The dealership never brought the Stealth to Kuwait, so parts are a nightmare here.

By far the best
By Roche on 09/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I bought my stealth new off the lot because all of the specs and reviews said it matched or outperformed cars double or triple the price. They were right! It's by far the most reliable car and maintenance free I've had too, although mainenance is expensive. Great in all weather including snow. After 12 years, I'm still getting 21 mpg city and over 27 mpg highway. Not bad for a twin turbo & the way I drive!

awsome care
By Guy Miller on 10/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

this is car is awsome and fun to drive, its probably the fastest car i have ever had

A supercar for the price of a sedan
By gglafont on 07/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

This car doesn't age at all. Its design is not outdated after more than 10 years. The tires don't wear out, it doesnt use that much fuel for the power you get. It stick to the road under bad conditions, much better than any Porshe or BMW. Its only bad point is a overweight/brake disc size. Its price used is not even half of the true value of what you get.

Stealth's are where it's at
By StealthmanRT on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I have had my Stealth for over a year now and I still get a rush every time i get in it. It is big enough to hold football players like me (6'2'' 230) but still seem close and comfortable. They ARE expensive to own (especially when they break) but with a little TLC they dont act up to bad. My car has NEVER failed to start and my only problems have been a result of a tight suspension on not-so-great roads (potholes, etc.)

perfection
By jay on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

the apitamy of autos the best car ever to roll off the dodge line