Awesome!
By TC on
1991 Dodge Stealth R/T 2dr Coupe
I've had my 1991 non-turbo R/T for about 3 years. It is the best car I have ever driven! It is great in the corners, comfortable for long trips, and has decent performance (wish I had a TT though!!). I have been rear ended twice in this car, once very seriously (other guy totaled, I have permanent back injuries), and all it needed was minor repairs - it is built like a tank! I have had minor maintenance done, timing belt, water pump, heater hoses, all things that should be done on routine maintenance anyways. The guy before me wore down the clutch a lot so I needed a new one of those too. Anyways, I absolutely love this car, and hate to have to give it up for something more practical.
Favorite Features
Everything was way ahead of its time - climate control display, power seats, ride stiffness selectability, steering wheel controls for cruise and radio. Styling is great, interior and exterior. Ample power, but it is no TT.
Suggested Improvements
AWD for all models! Better gas mileage (17-24 for me), wheels are ugly, transmission grinds when going into 2nd on a cold day, strange looking rear spoiler (although this has grown on me). The car is heavy, and you will feel this on acceleration, but unnoticeable on corners.