Used 1991 Dodge Stealth Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Dodge Stealth - Consumer Reviews

1991 Dodge Stealth

View reviews for a specific Stealth model:

Young man's ride
By DANO

1991 Dodge Stealth ES 2dr Coupe

I bought mine from an older gentleman who took exelent care of it. It's a beautiful royal blue. It has the twin turbo hood resembles Batmobile. Inside sets too low for me. I was disapointed to find out it was not a true Dodge but rather a Mitsubushi drivetrain. Maybe this is why motor and tranny don't last long but mine has because have babied it. I will be selling it soon, maybe if it had a real Hemi like a 426, I would keep it.

Favorite Features

Sporty styling outside, Batmobile inside

Suggested Improvements

Make it a true American muscle car by replacing drivetrain

1991 Dodge Stealth ES
By Danahs09

1991 Dodge Stealth ES 2dr Coupe

All around great car has great power through all the rpm's. For only paying 1500 for my Stealth I feel I got a good bargain even though I do need to fix a couple minor things and since its almost 20 years old it may need a little bit of a paint job. Probably would not suggest for a inexperienced driver though I have been driving for awhile. The power this thing has compared to a Sunfire or a Cutlass Cierra is definetly noticable and will catch you off guard if you're not prepared for it.

Favorite Features

I love the power and control that it has handles corners very well, feels like a very safe car

Suggested Improvements

i have gone through 2 trannys and about to install my third in 6 months needs a sixth gear (i think the cars they came out of were beaten to death)

My grocery getter
By peggy Gage

1991 Dodge Stealth ES 2dr Coupe

I bought a one owner Stealth in 2001 that had been well maintained. I have enjoyed this car more than any car I have ever owned. I have replaced the "brain" and the CV joint and have done regular maintenance. It has been very reliable ,It runs strong. Rides like a new car and handles beautifully on the best of curves. The styling is timeless, and it still turns heads!

Favorite Features

I love the seating, the ease of shifting , the smooth short throw. And the acceleration is smooth and strong . It keeps up with traffic! The gauges are well placed and the lighting is perfect.

Suggested Improvements

None

Excellent Vehicle for the Price!
By DA_MiG

1991 Dodge Stealth ES 2dr Coupe

I bought my Stealth from an individual for 3000 bucks. After 2 months, I've only had to replace the starter which was the original. The car has 250,000+ miles, but the engine and tranny both have less than 30k. She has some get up and go and excellent cornering capabilities. I plan on having her for much, much longer and upgrading her until my supply runs dry! She will be in some shows before long!

Favorite Features

Stylish body, comfortable interior, and she's LOW, FAST, and SEXY! LFS for life!

Suggested Improvements

I'm waiting for the remodel to be developed!!!!

Stylin and Profilin'
By R. Robinson

1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

Let me start by stating that I am a "car guy" to the bone. My search criteria for a vehicle is simple; two doors, manual, awd and a minimum of 300 hp! I bought the TT version of this car and have been on cloud 9 ever since. For a car that is 18 years old and has active exhaust, ECS and AWS for a price less than used Pontiac, you can';t beat that! I have the pearl white version and even today people turn and give me the "thumbs- up". In a vehicle like this you don't have to speed, all you have to do is cruise. However, if it is speed you need, it is there for you. There has only been one failure with this car related to the ECU, which was replaced. In short this is the ride for me! Stay cool

Favorite Features

The ride, the horsepower on tap, the styling inside and out as well as the features including ACS,AWD, AWS, Auto Climate Control, and the electronic exhaust control systems to say the least.

Suggested Improvements

Mitsubishi and Dodge should make more cars like this so that I do not have to think that this type of car is a dieing bread. Although, there is the 2009 Nissan GTR!!!