1991 Dodge Stealth - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stealth model:
Lust at first sight
By Fixerone on 04/25/08 17:44 PM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Stealth R/T Turbo 2dr Coupe AWD

I purchased this car as a salvaged rebuild. Some Russians put it back together. Yeah, i know what you think, but this car is still amazing. My mechanic said the car is made of two cars welded together, but done very well. Whew! I saw my first Stealth in 1991 and said that some day one would be mine. In 2004 after searching for 2 years, I purchased my rocket. It now has a VR4 motor under the hood and some upgrades to push HP to 435HP. Hardly anything can beat it. This machine is great, the body flows and the stance says "don't mess with me". I get yells from young girls trying to get my attention, but my wife is my girl. Still fun though. Keeping this all my life.

Attention Getter
By kendrakore on 03/04/08 10:41 AM (PST)

1991 Dodge Stealth R/T 2dr Coupe

The Stealth is a real attention getter mainly due to its sporty looks. I love to drive my Stealth because it just seems to be more fun then most other cars I have owned.

Reliable if maintained
By Viper Owner on 11/04/07 08:37 AM (PST)

1991 Dodge Stealth 2dr Coupe

Purchased in 2000 with 125k miles. Currently have 272k miles! The SOHC engine is indestructible. 25 MPG every fillup. The tranny will need new syncros every 125k miles or so, but still drivable. Items replaced are: Syncros, radiator, alternator, starter, power steering rack, water pump seal, noisy lifters, and lower ball joints. Though the list seems long, they all occurred between 180k - 250k miles so it's to be expected. Fix it yourself because it very easy to work on. Regular maintenance includes the timing belt every 60K but you can go 120k on the belt with the SOHC engine without issues. Clutch also lasts about 120k miles. Paid $4k, and put about $4k in parts during 8yrs of ownership.

Stealth
By Sean on 09/28/07 11:37 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Stealth 2dr Coupe

I love this care to death. trust me. but for it being a 1991 the reliability isn't too good. I have a lot of electronic problems. It's a fast car and it's easy to modify. But it has a lot of electronic parties.

Awesome!
By TC on 07/25/07 04:44 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Stealth R/T 2dr Coupe

I've had my 1991 non-turbo R/T for about 3 years. It is the best car I have ever driven! It is great in the corners, comfortable for long trips, and has decent performance (wish I had a TT though!!). I have been rear ended twice in this car, once very seriously (other guy totaled, I have permanent back injuries), and all it needed was minor repairs - it is built like a tank! I have had minor maintenance done, timing belt, water pump, heater hoses, all things that should be done on routine maintenance anyways. The guy before me wore down the clutch a lot so I needed a new one of those too. Anyways, I absolutely love this car, and hate to have to give it up for something more practical.

Lady in Red
By Asphek on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Stealth R/T 2dr Coupe

Enjoyed driving it very much, but have to sell it as the "Lady" is getting old, but still has the ability to turn heads, and boy can she still run!! bet she does.....she sure zooms zooms through the highways.

Hard to Part!
By Peachyqueen on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Stealth R/T 2dr Coupe

I have had my baby since July, 1991 and it is still so exciting and reliable to drive, I am hard pressed to get a new car!! I know that it is time since my mileage is 212289, but I there arent any cars that are as sharp, reliable and unique, and let's not forget reasonable as the Stealths were when they first came out! My car has had a rebuilt transmission, cv-joints replaced, a few other repairs, and my air-conditioner and radio doesn't work (well sometimes the radio works) but I can always start it on a dime and pass people with ease! One of the best decisions Dodge and I ever made!

Tale of the Smoking Stealth
By flyrockies on 02/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Dodge Stealth 2dr Coupe

Bought this car from Kuni Lexus in Colorado in August 1995 with 60,000 mi. Absolutely wonderful car to drive until 100,000 mi. Exhaust started smoking, wouldn't pass emissions. Needed new engine. Paid over $3,000 for rebuild, lasted 2 yrs before it started smoking again. Had electrical problems when a short occured in the wiring bundle. The car would shut off in the middle of the road. Car lasted until 151,000 miles.

My 1991 Stealth R/t
By R/t Driver on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Dodge Stealth R/T 2dr Coupe

The car is great. I have had a few problems with it to be honest. The entire front end fell apart on me. I had to replance control arms trailing links ball joints cv shafts and tie rod ends all in one project. I went to the dealer and the cost of all of this was over the cost of the car. I ended up devoting two weeks of my time and $900 + in parts for the stealth. It handles great now. I also have a few porblems with the transmission. The second gear syncro is horrible. afWhen cold the thrani grinds into second even after double clutching to stop the motion of the intermediate shaft. It is an expensive repair.

Best value sports car on the road
By shush on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Dodge Stealth R/T 2dr Coupe

I bought mine in metallic blue with 40 K on the clock - I had to immediately replace the clutch - it's hydraulic and the previous owner rode the clutch at the lights and wore it out. The new clutch is still going strong at 120K miles. Exceptional handling and looks - get compliments everywhere I go. Great seats and driving position - but low roof and poor rear three quarter visibility. Great engine - reasonable fuel economy. Service quite high due to labor - changing spark plugs for example. Tires expensive but wide give amazing grip. You can switch from comfort mode to sports mode. Very underrated, reliable, high performance sports car.