1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stealth model:
Great car for the firs 150k
By Rick on 07/24/09 00:11 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback ES 2dr Coupe

Great car and super fun to drive. Perfect dimensions for a sports car - short and wide. Received looks everywhere! Sold it after eight years and it was losing compression and getting harder to smog in California without extensive engine work. Also had to replace first gear under warranty. Mitsubishi sold as a Dodge so it was fairly reliable. Wish Dodge would make another Stealth with new technology!

Young man's ride
By DANO on 01/19/09 18:24 PM (PST)

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback ES 2dr Coupe

I bought mine from an older gentleman who took exelent care of it. It's a beautiful royal blue. It has the twin turbo hood resembles Batmobile. Inside sets too low for me. I was disapointed to find out it was not a true Dodge but rather a Mitsubushi drivetrain. Maybe this is why motor and tranny don't last long but mine has because have babied it. I will be selling it soon, maybe if it had a real Hemi like a 426, I would keep it.

1991 Dodge Stealth ES
By Danahs09 on 12/20/08 21:32 PM (PST)

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback ES 2dr Coupe

All around great car has great power through all the rpm's. For only paying 1500 for my Stealth I feel I got a good bargain even though I do need to fix a couple minor things and since its almost 20 years old it may need a little bit of a paint job. Probably would not suggest for a inexperienced driver though I have been driving for awhile. The power this thing has compared to a Sunfire or a Cutlass Cierra is definetly noticable and will catch you off guard if you're not prepared for it.

My grocery getter
By peggy Gage on 06/26/08 20:29 PM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback ES 2dr Coupe

I bought a one owner Stealth in 2001 that had been well maintained. I have enjoyed this car more than any car I have ever owned. I have replaced the "brain" and the CV joint and have done regular maintenance. It has been very reliable ,It runs strong. Rides like a new car and handles beautifully on the best of curves. The styling is timeless, and it still turns heads!

Excellent Vehicle for the Price!
By DA_MiG on 05/26/08 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback ES 2dr Coupe

I bought my Stealth from an individual for 3000 bucks. After 2 months, I've only had to replace the starter which was the original. The car has 250,000+ miles, but the engine and tranny both have less than 30k. She has some get up and go and excellent cornering capabilities. I plan on having her for much, much longer and upgrading her until my supply runs dry! She will be in some shows before long!

Great First Car
By Tenny on 11/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback ES 2dr Coupe

This car was my first car (of my own). I've driven several other cars within the same price range, and they can't compete with this car. It's very comfortable to drive, and very forgiving. All my friends say they can't beleive I got such a good car, then I tell them the price and they are shocked, becuase they spent more on thier car, yet they wish they could have mine.

DODGE STEALTH ES
By Jason Wampler on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

WOWRead the full review

Good value
By Greg Hroch on 04/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback ES 2dr Coupe

I recently pulled a '91 Stealth ES out of the junkyard for only 500 bucks. I'm only 16, but the car was easily fixed and I had it running in two days. Even if this car was suppose to be about $3000 to $4000, it is a good buy for those street racers with a low budget. I have beaten all Hondas undefeated and the car is stock.

Very Good
By Bonnie on 03/23/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback ES 2dr Coupe

Clean and beautiful. I am 5'4, professional 51 year old woman, going on 25! I Like speed. Had it for 2 years. A truck rear ended me at 50 miles per hour in stopped traffic. If I was in another car, I would have been killed. The head rest took the impact of my head, which saved my life., and the rear end suffered major damage, but the hatch back window did not break. The car turned easily and quickly for me, which enabled me to move out of oncoming traffic when the impact occurred. my car is a "total" loss,. I do believe that had I been in another vehicle, results would be different. I'd recommend it to anyone, sports car or not.