1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Stealth model:
dodge stealth convertable
By master1173 on 03/07/12 13:33 PM (PST)

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback R/T 2dr Coupe

i have a great looking one of a kind dodge stealth convertable i few years ago i just put a new motor in it with only 32,000 klm on it it runs great i did alot of research on this car and their is only 12 made i love this car turns heads were ever i go. this car has never seen the winter not even rain, now with kids my car has only seen the road maybe 10 times in the last three years.so iam very sad to say i have to sell this car with kids a have no time for it.

Collect and Collect!
By niko10 on 10/10/11 14:31 PM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback R/T 2dr Coupe

I have a 1991 RT, red with black leather interior, one of less than 200 made. My baby has 4000 miles on it :) I have owned Ferrari, lamborghini, and porsche and this 91 handles and rides just as well as any car I've been in. Mine has recently turned fresh collector and will probably never sell it unless someone offers me over $200k for it. These are collectors, tuck them away.

Best Damn Car Ever Built
By Rouge on 05/19/09 11:18 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback R/T 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1991 Dodge Stealth in summer of 1995 as a used vehicle with 36,000kms on it.I currently have 280,000kms on it.It has been wonderful,fast,and enjoyable.I have driven it winter and summer;long trips and short ones.Only problem second gear syncros and power door locks.I currently have a miss I can't find but will check out coil packs.This has been the best car I have ever owned and I have owned many.Fast,reliable good fuel economy also one of the prettiest machines ever built.I have stayed on the road when half tons and SUVs were in the ditch. It has never let me down.I wish she was new again so we could start the romance all over again.I will find a low miles new baby soon!AWESOME!

Loved when drivable
By jaspence on 03/23/09 11:30 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback R/T 2dr Coupe

This is by far the funnist car i have ever owned. But I bought the car with about 90,000 miles and it was a ton of fun till about 120,000 when the motor went, I replaced with a rebuilt and about 10,000 mile the motor went again dumb me replaced again and 5,000 mile went for the final time, now it sits in my driveway and still makes me smile because of its looks but cry because of the money I put into it, but is a truly fun car when its running good

Attention Getter
By kendrakore on 03/04/08 10:41 AM (PST)

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback R/T 2dr Coupe

The Stealth is a real attention getter mainly due to its sporty looks. I love to drive my Stealth because it just seems to be more fun then most other cars I have owned.

Awesome!
By TC on 07/25/07 04:44 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback R/T 2dr Coupe

I've had my 1991 non-turbo R/T for about 3 years. It is the best car I have ever driven! It is great in the corners, comfortable for long trips, and has decent performance (wish I had a TT though!!). I have been rear ended twice in this car, once very seriously (other guy totaled, I have permanent back injuries), and all it needed was minor repairs - it is built like a tank! I have had minor maintenance done, timing belt, water pump, heater hoses, all things that should be done on routine maintenance anyways. The guy before me wore down the clutch a lot so I needed a new one of those too. Anyways, I absolutely love this car, and hate to have to give it up for something more practical.

Lady in Red
By Asphek on 08/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback R/T 2dr Coupe

Enjoyed driving it very much, but have to sell it as the "Lady" is getting old, but still has the ability to turn heads, and boy can she still run!! bet she does.....she sure zooms zooms through the highways.

Hard to Part!
By Peachyqueen on 07/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback R/T 2dr Coupe

I have had my baby since July, 1991 and it is still so exciting and reliable to drive, I am hard pressed to get a new car!! I know that it is time since my mileage is 212289, but I there arent any cars that are as sharp, reliable and unique, and let's not forget reasonable as the Stealths were when they first came out! My car has had a rebuilt transmission, cv-joints replaced, a few other repairs, and my air-conditioner and radio doesn't work (well sometimes the radio works) but I can always start it on a dime and pass people with ease! One of the best decisions Dodge and I ever made!

My 1991 Stealth R/t
By R/t Driver on 01/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback R/T 2dr Coupe

The car is great. I have had a few problems with it to be honest. The entire front end fell apart on me. I had to replance control arms trailing links ball joints cv shafts and tie rod ends all in one project. I went to the dealer and the cost of all of this was over the cost of the car. I ended up devoting two weeks of my time and $900 + in parts for the stealth. It handles great now. I also have a few porblems with the transmission. The second gear syncro is horrible. afWhen cold the thrani grinds into second even after double clutching to stop the motion of the intermediate shaft. It is an expensive repair.

Best value sports car on the road
By shush on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback R/T 2dr Coupe

I bought mine in metallic blue with 40 K on the clock - I had to immediately replace the clutch - it's hydraulic and the previous owner rode the clutch at the lights and wore it out. The new clutch is still going strong at 120K miles. Exceptional handling and looks - get compliments everywhere I go. Great seats and driving position - but low roof and poor rear three quarter visibility. Great engine - reasonable fuel economy. Service quite high due to labor - changing spark plugs for example. Tires expensive but wide give amazing grip. You can switch from comfort mode to sports mode. Very underrated, reliable, high performance sports car.