Used 1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Dodge Stealth - Consumer Reviews

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Stealth model:

dodge stealth convertable
By master1173

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback R/T 2dr Coupe

i have a great looking one of a kind dodge stealth convertable i few years ago i just put a new motor in it with only 32,000 klm on it it runs great i did alot of research on this car and their is only 12 made i love this car turns heads were ever i go. this car has never seen the winter not even rain, now with kids my car has only seen the road maybe 10 times in the last three years.so iam very sad to say i have to sell this car with kids a have no time for it.

Collect and Collect!
By niko10

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback R/T 2dr Coupe

I have a 1991 RT, red with black leather interior, one of less than 200 made. My baby has 4000 miles on it :) I have owned Ferrari, lamborghini, and porsche and this 91 handles and rides just as well as any car I've been in. Mine has recently turned fresh collector and will probably never sell it unless someone offers me over $200k for it. These are collectors, tuck them away.

Favorite Features

Handles like a tank.

Great car for the firs 150k
By Rick

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback ES 2dr Coupe

Great car and super fun to drive. Perfect dimensions for a sports car - short and wide. Received looks everywhere! Sold it after eight years and it was losing compression and getting harder to smog in California without extensive engine work. Also had to replace first gear under warranty. Mitsubishi sold as a Dodge so it was fairly reliable. Wish Dodge would make another Stealth with new technology!

Favorite Features

Drivability, Looks

Suggested Improvements

Make another one!

Best Damn Car Ever Built
By Rouge

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback R/T 2dr Coupe

I bought my 1991 Dodge Stealth in summer of 1995 as a used vehicle with 36,000kms on it.I currently have 280,000kms on it.It has been wonderful,fast,and enjoyable.I have driven it winter and summer;long trips and short ones.Only problem second gear syncros and power door locks.I currently have a miss I can't find but will check out coil packs.This has been the best car I have ever owned and I have owned many.Fast,reliable good fuel economy also one of the prettiest machines ever built.I have stayed on the road when half tons and SUVs were in the ditch. It has never let me down.I wish she was new again so we could start the romance all over again.I will find a low miles new baby soon!AWESOME!

Favorite Features

Styling,engine,handling,comfort,mileage ,reliability!

Suggested Improvements

Lousy second gear synchros told dealer when it was still under warranty and he used an additive, should have given him a five finger additive cross the skull!No complaints except tranny!

Loved when drivable
By jaspence

1991 Dodge Stealth Hatchback R/T 2dr Coupe

This is by far the funnist car i have ever owned. But I bought the car with about 90,000 miles and it was a ton of fun till about 120,000 when the motor went, I replaced with a rebuilt and about 10,000 mile the motor went again dumb me replaced again and 5,000 mile went for the final time, now it sits in my driveway and still makes me smile because of its looks but cry because of the money I put into it, but is a truly fun car when its running good

Favorite Features

looks and handling wonderful

Suggested Improvements

quality of parts and price to replace