2009 Dodge Sprinter Consumer Review: Go ahead and buy one. You'll

2009 Dodge Sprinter Van - Consumer Review

Go ahead and buy one. You'll love it.
By Mark on

2009 Dodge Sprinter 2500 144 WB 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Bought this vehicle to convert into a wheelchair accessible vehicle. The lift dealer said their lift wouldn't work in this van, but our provider custom fitted a swing in lift. With 5'9" stock headroom in the passenger compartment, it's almost purpose built for our requirements. It handles pretty much like a car, is very comfortable to drive for long distances, and I can parallel park it on the first go with the parking sensors and big side mirrors. My biggest beef with it is the environmental controls. I've had the van for almost two years, and I still haven't got the big goofy knob figured out. There's almost no heat in the back - the 'optional' rear heat group shouldn't be. Buy it.

Heated seats, big side mirrors with integrated 'blind spot' secondaries.

Fix the dumb environmental controls, give us sun visors that pivot to the side, and the cup holder under the seat in the first two rows was a good idea, but why only one per row, and why not in the third row too?