Used 2009 Dodge Sprinter Van Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Sprinter - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sprinter model:

The dealer can not fix my brake problem.
By bsperty

2009 Dodge Sprinter Van 2500 144 WB 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

starting at 26,000 miles i have three warning lights that come on ABS, traction and another one.I now have 160.000. After many attempts no fix and no one seems to care. It seems to be heat related as it only happens in the late spring, summer. The ABS is off, if in park I can not shift. I need to restart the truck then shift. This is the worst service i have ever had. The lack of ABS almost killed me once.

Favorite Features

The dealers not fixing my problem and not caring. I am a service manager . Dodge does not have any balls or service. President on down.

Go ahead and buy one. You'll love it.
By Mark

2009 Dodge Sprinter Van 2500 144 WB 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Bought this vehicle to convert into a wheelchair accessible vehicle. The lift dealer said their lift wouldn't work in this van, but our provider custom fitted a swing in lift. With 5'9" stock headroom in the passenger compartment, it's almost purpose built for our requirements. It handles pretty much like a car, is very comfortable to drive for long distances, and I can parallel park it on the first go with the parking sensors and big side mirrors. My biggest beef with it is the environmental controls. I've had the van for almost two years, and I still haven't got the big goofy knob figured out. There's almost no heat in the back - the 'optional' rear heat group shouldn't be. Buy it.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, big side mirrors with integrated 'blind spot' secondaries.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the dumb environmental controls, give us sun visors that pivot to the side, and the cup holder under the seat in the first two rows was a good idea, but why only one per row, and why not in the third row too?

Remarkable for its size
By Coty

2009 Dodge Sprinter Van 2500 170 WB 3dr Ext Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Not to sound like a parrot repeating what every other article says... but this van truly drives like a much smaller vehicle than it really is. With the exception of the nice and high driving position, you would think that you are driving a minivan. It really is that easy and totally different from what you would expect from something that is 25 foot long (170" EXT model). I was first concerned about the horsepower being so low, but the power is more than sufficient due to the torque and doesn't have any major issues keeping up with traffic. Highway mileage is phenomenal for such a large vehicle. 22-23 MPG is the norm on the highway and even better if drafting. Ride is also very comfortable.

Favorite Features

Huge dual sliding doors, miles per gallon, drives like a much smaller vehicle and better than many smaller trucks/SUV's/vans, interior fit and finish is excellent, ride is nicely controlled and surprisingly stable for such a tall vehicle, Parktronic and cameras works well and makes parking a snap

Suggested Improvements

Quicker order to delivery time (took 6 months), "Beefier" steering wheel as the stock one could be thicker, better radio reception, more wheel/tire choices, possibly more HP and torque without sacrificing the MPG, the front seats could be a longer or adjustable to better support taller drivers

recall
By dogman van

2009 Dodge Sprinter Van 2500 170 WB 3dr Ext Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

took it in 6 times,,, then i get ,, recall in the mail,,, said it was all fix,,, next day it was the same,,, i sold it the next day,,,,

Favorite Features

I love the van,,, it wouldt run,,, at time

Suggested Improvements

if and when you paid 42000,, for a van,,,, it sould run..