Used 2009 Dodge Sprinter 2500 144 WB Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Sprinter - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sprinter model:

The dealer can not fix my brake problem.
By bsperty

2009 Dodge Sprinter 2500 144 WB 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

starting at 26,000 miles i have three warning lights that come on ABS, traction and another one.I now have 160.000. After many attempts no fix and no one seems to care. It seems to be heat related as it only happens in the late spring, summer. The ABS is off, if in park I can not shift. I need to restart the truck then shift. This is the worst service i have ever had. The lack of ABS almost killed me once.

The dealers not fixing my problem and not caring. I am a service manager . Dodge does not have any balls or service. President on down.

Go ahead and buy one. You'll love it.
By Mark

2009 Dodge Sprinter 2500 144 WB 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Bought this vehicle to convert into a wheelchair accessible vehicle. The lift dealer said their lift wouldn't work in this van, but our provider custom fitted a swing in lift. With 5'9" stock headroom in the passenger compartment, it's almost purpose built for our requirements. It handles pretty much like a car, is very comfortable to drive for long distances, and I can parallel park it on the first go with the parking sensors and big side mirrors. My biggest beef with it is the environmental controls. I've had the van for almost two years, and I still haven't got the big goofy knob figured out. There's almost no heat in the back - the 'optional' rear heat group shouldn't be. Buy it.

Heated seats, big side mirrors with integrated 'blind spot' secondaries.

Fix the dumb environmental controls, give us sun visors that pivot to the side, and the cup holder under the seat in the first two rows was a good idea, but why only one per row, and why not in the third row too?