2008 Dodge Sprinter Consumer Review: Cargo to toyhauler fun

2008 Dodge Sprinter - Consumer Review

2500 144 WB Passenger Van (3.0L V6 Turbo Diesel 5-speed Automatic)

Cargo to toyhauler fun
By PonchoV on

2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500 144 WB 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I did a lot of research before getting my 08 2500 144. It's a basic unit & that is what I wanted. In the last 6 mths I have put 0ver 22k miles on the truck. No issues. The dealership crashed the truck & didn't tell me when I bought it. It seems to run fine & I keep my fingers crossed. My mpg are 21-23 on the open road & 21 in town. If you use the turbo then mpg drop big time. so take it easy & save $. In traffic handling is great. It will tow at freeway speeds but that was my lowest 17 mpg. The truck is quieter than other vans. Brakes are good in rain & in dangerous events. Lay out of inst. on dash are very user friendly. Radio is ok. Steering is solid & no real over steering.

High visibility is great & helps seeing what is way up ahead. Turning is tighter than expected. Cargo D- rings are a great std feature. Little storage hole all over the front are neat

Would like to get into an owners club. Larger fuel tank & more detail owners manual. Having a high 5th gear would greatly improve the mpg on the open road. Could use a built in retractable ramp for the rear loading area. Back up monitors should be standard. Wiper speeds could be more.