2008 Dodge Sprinter - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sprinter model:
Maintenance nightmare
By Jaybird Del. Co. on 09/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500 170 WB 3dr Ext Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I have 2 sprinters. Both are 1 ton 3.0 diesels. I have same continuous problem with both van's. If you even think about driving on gravel road and it's wet, brake wear sensor wires are broken, making dash light come on. Every 35,000 almost to the mile, one of the carrier bearings (there are two and they are identical) will go out. 219 bucks for the bearing plus install. Finally found some brake pads that would wear longer than 25,000 miles. Dealer only at first, 125 bucks a set of pads. Now, torque converter is bad on both. One has 90,000 on it, the other 120,000. After doing some more checking, this seems to be a widespread problem. This fix is over 2 thousand. I can't keep up.

Cargo to toyhauler fun
By PonchoV on 01/19/10 05:21 AM (PST)

2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500 144 WB 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I did a lot of research before getting my 08 2500 144. It's a basic unit & that is what I wanted. In the last 6 mths I have put 0ver 22k miles on the truck. No issues. The dealership crashed the truck & didn't tell me when I bought it. It seems to run fine & I keep my fingers crossed. My mpg are 21-23 on the open road & 21 in town. If you use the turbo then mpg drop big time. so take it easy & save $. In traffic handling is great. It will tow at freeway speeds but that was my lowest 17 mpg. The truck is quieter than other vans. Brakes are good in rain & in dangerous events. Lay out of inst. on dash are very user friendly. Radio is ok. Steering is solid & no real over steering.

Reliability not an option
By Dean Appliance Svcs on 01/15/10 13:05 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500 144 WB 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Thought carefully before purchase about reliability, service availabilty, fuel mileage, upkeep costs. Vehicle arrived broken. Developed a serious power steering leak and had to be towed the same day to nearest dealer, 2 hours away (not local as advertised). Then EGR valve failed, intermittant Check engine light and no power). Drivers wiper seriously out of align, bad noises. Plastic trim items poorly fastened and repeatedly fell off. Dlr attempted to reinstall. Frt tires chewed off at 10K miles, align not done at factory? Lts began to fail, headlight, parking, tail, signal (all very cheaply made bulbs I suppose). Several parts have fallen off. Ok truck if you like coffee at the dealers loung

2008 144 wb high roof Passenger Sprinter
By Jim on 08/08/09 11:19 AM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Sprinter 2500 144 WB 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

We extensively researched the vehicles available to convert to a handicap accessible vehicle to transport our fifteen year old son who uses a wheelchair. After reviewing all possible alternatives, we chose the Dodge 144 wb high roof passenger model Sprinter, which we had modified at CMI in Grove City, Ohio. We chose this Sprinter for its fuel economy, build quality, safety features, maneuverability, and the conversion options available. We removed all seats, and added three swiveling captains chairs, a folding bench seat, a rear under seat heater, additional insulation, and a Braun Vangater lift. Now we have a long term solution to transporting and taking care of our son's needs.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.