Used 2007 Dodge Sprinter 2500 144 WB Van Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Sprinter - Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Sprinter Van

View reviews for a specific Sprinter model:

A Perfect Van for Handicapped Use
By Bobby Baker

2007 Dodge Sprinter Van 2500 144 WB 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Peripheral vision is excellent. Seats 10. Fuel mileage unbelievable 28mpg. Sufficient low end torque. Drives exceptionally well on highway for what it is. We installed rear lift for handicapped sister and removed the 2 seat row and moved the rear set of 3 seats up. Can transport sister and 8 additional passengers. Side door first step is a little high for elderly and children, but overall an excellent vehicle. We researched all possible vans prior to purchase. This was the only reasonable option. I am 6'1" and can stand up straight inside. We had extreme difficulty finding a diesel with rear a/c. We drove 400 miles to Myrtle Beach to pick this van up. We are completely satisfied.

Favorite Features

The diesel engine in this vehicle is a Daimler diesel (Mercedes). Vinyl floor from front to rear - no carpet to gather odor, dirt, dust or irritate allergies. Spray it out and mop it and the interior is clean.

Suggested Improvements

An optional rear entertainment system would be good. A slightly larger fuel cell would also be nice.

2007 diesel Sprinter
By Andrey

2007 Dodge Sprinter Van 2500 144 WB 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Diesel engine (silky smooth and quiet) and Interior room are the best. I could not get better than 19MPG combined. Still counting all the things I can use it for. Brought side by side refridgerator home one day, upright. Remodeled home. Moved. Take children to school, and drive to work everyday. Easy on fuel. Still turns heads in parking lots. Had been to all my bank's drive throughs. Negatives: passenger seats do not recline, not very comfy. 11000 miles had been to the shop once for front rotors and backup horn failed. Also $175 oil change. I still love it and hope it lasts for 30 years.

Favorite Features

Interior room. Exterior(looks better than all vans and cars next to it). Height. Traction control. Dash board, instruments and controls. Overhead storage. Elluminated entry. Bells and whistles.

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable passenger seats. Better fuel economy. Navigation radio Command Unit. Half the fun features are on that unit and I can't have it because I live in USA?

Owner-operator
By vside20

2007 Dodge Sprinter Van 2500 144 WB 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I bought my Sprinter 2007 new 2500 v/6 diesel in may 2007. My average mileage is around 18. It started off about 16 1/2. That's in town and on the highway.

Favorite Features

Very good acceleration and A/C is good.

Suggested Improvements

More driver conveniences.lLft foot rest. Radio and heater controls closer to driver. Side exhaust vents in rear of cabin. Closer more convenient cup holders. Maybe radio mounted in overhead concol

DO NOT BUY!!!
By jjaskot

2007 Dodge Sprinter Van 2500 144 WB 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I run a fleet of 6 sprinters. I have 2- 2004 models and had relative success with them. We service high end appliances and the exterior design and styling definitely appealed to us. We then bought 4 2007 model and have regretted that decision ever since. We have made repair after repair on all of the new vans. It honestly seems like the improvements involved just TOO MUCH technology. TOO Many Sensors and TOO many complicated electronics. Our maintenance bills on these 5 vans have gotten to the point where we just want to unload all of them. I wouldnt recommend the newer generations Sprinters to my worst enemy.