2006 Dodge Sprinter Van - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sprinter model:
Mixed emotions
By GC on 07/04/10 07:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Sprinter Van High Roof 158 WB 3dr Ext Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I love my Sprinter, I don't like chancing front brake pads every 28,000 miles. I don't like that I'm on my 3rd $116 transmission pan gasket, I don't like that I just replaced mt A/C compressor, filter dryer and expansion valve at 48,000 miles. I HATE that my roof leaks at the seams and most of the spot welds on the roof are rusting from the inside out! I have put multiple coats of Menzerna FMJ per year expecting it to help seal what I knew was crappy paint when I bought it. This weekend I lost several thousand dollars worth of inventory in my well kept van from a leaky roof. I'm livid! I hate that my hood rusted from the inside under my 3M invisible bra. A cassette deck? Come on! It's 2006!

Very Disipointed
By Disipointed on 05/15/09 08:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Sprinter Van High Roof 158 WB 3dr Ext Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I needed a high cube van to haul all my HVAC stuff. I moved from a full size dodge van into the sprinter 2006 158" WB, High roof, plumbers package shelving. I was in heaven. Heaven only lasted a few miles from the dealership, a wheel sensor light came on. I have now replaced the wheel sensor, drive line, a/c line, turbo Plate, front alignment, Bad paint now being repainted, all these under warranty with over 20 days of down time. Not under warranty, transmission @ 60,000 miles is down a $1000 repair bill before I am on the road again. The 20MPG is good, to work from the van is great but the repairs cause me to look for something else. If your smart take sprinter off your wish list.

Great gas mileage, but poor reliability
By John on 11/02/08 11:40 AM (PST)

2006 Dodge Sprinter Van High Roof 158 WB 3dr Ext Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Use the van for heating & plumbing service business. Not reliable. Now has 64k miles. Have replaced the right front wheel bearing twice,once at 22k, again at 25k (due to mechanic not tighening spindle nut properly) turbocharger resonator at 40k, transmission failed at 60k, was rebuilt at the dealer, failed again at 64k, is now at the dealer for that repair. The dealer has only one Sprinter qualified tech. Parts are always a long wait. I have it decked out with a bin package. GVWR is 8500lbs, weighed it two weeks ago at 7400lbs. I work in a rural part of Colorado and need to be able to carry a wide assortment of parts and tools. My business is suffering due to breakdowns.

Long Tall Sally
By Elite on 06/28/06 20:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Dodge Sprinter Van High Roof 158 WB 3dr Ext Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This truck is made for the highway. I just got back from a 3000 mile trip and the drive was way better than last year with the Ford van.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.