2005 Dodge Sprinter - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sprinter model:
Sprinter right home
By rdrick on 06/02/05 12:12 PM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Sprinter 2500 140 WB 3dr Ext Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I have only had the vehicle for a short time but I LOVE the gas mileage! Beats my Chrysler Town & Country! Biggest drawback is the lack of tilt steering. Otherwise, GREAT vision, and good back support (especially with the optional lumbar air pump). I haul 5 kids and their friends and their junk with no problem!

Silly looking...but fun to own.
By n_tesla on 05/08/05 08:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Dodge Sprinter 2500 118 WB 3dr Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Mine's used as a delivery van for plasma TV's during the week and as a kids sports team hauler on the weekend. As a utility vehicle this can't be beat. The doors open wide, the walls go straight up, it's easy to move around inside. The ride is much more controlled than the E150's and GMC vans. Most times we don't have to tie items down. Taking seats in and out is a two (strong) man job. I'm told the comfort in the back is good. My daughter's soccer team has adopted this van as their mascot. They like the privacy glass windows. I ordered the extra insulation package and it's still noisey inside. I bought an Avery berber floor mat and it quieted things down a bit. It's cool in a weird way.

dangerous/unreliable sprinter
By dennis spoerke on 01/16/05 09:06 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Sprinter 2500 High Roof 140 WB 3dr Ext Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I have a Nationwide Pet Transportation business that involves traveling 11,000-12,000 miles per month, mostly at interstate speeds. My 2004 Sprinter was to be my IDEAL vehicle - instead it is a nightmare!

Great for Families too...
By scot wilce on 01/03/05 16:10 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Sprinter 2500 High Roof 118 WB 3dr Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Tired of mini-vans and SUV's for the family? this has been an amazing family vehicle..and a large dvd player and it is like a movie theater on wheels. My 4 kids love to ride in it and long trips are no longer a "are we there yet?" marathon. Great for mom and dad to get up and move around the vehicle and attend to little people's needs. clean up is a breeze...with the bench seats you can clean it out with a leaf blower! The bench seats also accomidate long lumber with ease. Driver and passenger seats are very adjustable and comfortable.

Best Cargo Van Available - Buy it
By Oiseauzepher on 12/18/04 13:40 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Sprinter 2500 140 WB 3dr Ext Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I move art and the vehicle is smallest choice possible. I must say I am amazed at all the possitive comments I get about the style. Kind of a European spy thing. It handles well (it is a van). Plenty of pickup and speed, 80mph no prob. I live in Colorado, so I've given the vehicle a work out on hills and cold - damn cold weather. If you're going to use the van in very cold, get the aux heater package. Great idea. You can set the aux heater to preheat the engine and cab for anytime. It runs on the fuel so don't use in a garage. Great fuel economy (25+) on the hwy. Cup holder too low. Washer fluid freezes in exterior line below 25. Steering wheel should adjust. Great Van - Buy it.