2005 Dodge Sprinter 2500 High Roof 140 WB Van Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Sprinter - Consumer Reviews

2005 Sprinter Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sprinter model:

Sort Reviews by

lots of problems
By tim k

2005 Dodge Sprinter Van 2500 High Roof 140 WB 3dr Ext Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

bought 2 sprinters 04 and 05 the electicals real bad and the brakes and tires are under sized . door hinges and hardware stink as well. cant wait till its all over, even stopped making the truck payments to daimler and contacted ntsb, national traffic safety board. trucks with inoperative ligts and flashers are a real hazard on our roads. dealers and chrysler are clueless, should have had mercedes make the truck as well as the engine

Great van
By Jason the plumber

I love this van. It got 26 mpg on the way back from Ohio dealer to Grand Ledge, Mi while unloaded. It carries all my tools and plumbing fittings with ease and gets 23 mpg around town fully loaded. The biggest asset is the high roof which gives my back alot of relief when loading heavy old water heaters, etc. I have to drive 50mi to get it serviced and am worried if it will start well in the Michigan winters, but even so it is truly a superior van.

Favorite Features

High roof. Gas mileage. Incredible storage capacity. Handles like a Mercedes.

Suggested Improvements

Mercedes should not have changed this design. The new vehicle (2007 on) is bigger all the way around and as a result is slightly less efficient than vans from 02 to 06. Even so, it would be a better work van than the domestics. Ford transit full size diesel looks great, but may never happen here.

Lemon?
By Mike

In 11 months of ownership, I've had the A/C compressor replaced, the engine control sensor replaced, had the vehicle towed once because it wouldn't start, and now when I turn on my right turn signal, my dash lights flash. When my headlights are on, the right turn signal doesn't blink. I've also got rust spots coming through the side panels.

Favorite Features

Great vehicle to work out of.

dangerous/unreliable sprinter
By dennis spoerke

I have a Nationwide Pet Transportation business that involves traveling 11,000-12,000 miles per month, mostly at interstate speeds. My 2004 Sprinter was to be my IDEAL vehicle - instead it is a nightmare!

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Reliability!!! This vehicle , when traveling at 75mph, will (wihout warning) cut-off your power! Imagine - after just passing a semi at 75mph (in Los Angeles) and all of a sudden NO POWER! Dodge's fix is to install an EGR valve. I've had 4 valves so-far.