2004 Dodge Sprinter Consumer Review: Sprinter Passenger Van, misund

2004 Dodge Sprinter - Consumer Review

2500 140 WB Passenger Van (2.7L 5-cyl. Turbo Diesel 5-speed Automatic)

Sprinter Passenger Van, misunderstood
By KenB on

2004 Dodge Sprinter 2500 140 WB 3dr Ext Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I bought this for my family, and so are many other people now... but my dealer wants this passenger van to be a commercial vehicle and for me ot believe that rattles (mis-adjusted doors mostly) are normal. I fixed some of the problem myself after they told me it couldn't really be expected not to bang and rattle. Also had the common transmission leak (TSB was issued), and central locking system was beyond quirky and had to have the central locking timer module replaced (now is quirky, but according to the way the owners manual says it should be). Over all, this van is great!!! Roomy, quiet, comfortable, solid, peppy, and frugal on fuel. 20 miles per gallon of diesel, better when broken in.

Size, turning radius and handling, interior utility, price (I got a year- old model with 624 parking-lot-miles on it), rear air-conditioning is powerful, quality is high in most areas, fairly quiet on highway for a big vehicle, wind noise low, two seat row can be moved to back for easy removal.

No rear speakers on this spec-van, door rattles not simply fixed by asking dealer to do so, too much chrome on otherwise nicely curved and styled front end so I am turning it back into a Mercedes as it was when it was born, hard to find accessories in a variety suited to personal use.