Sprinter 2500, a great family car
By Carpool Dad on
2003 Dodge Sprinter 2500 High Ceiling 140 WB 3dr Ext Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)
This is the only vehicle I could find that I can expect atleast a quarter million miles from. It is also the only "large" vehicle I could find that offers 20+ MPG. I expected a lot of "have you lost your mind" comments, but guys offer gutteral Tim Allen sounds and carpool moms envy the room. Bottom line, I have my kids in tow for the next seven years and I will either be equipped to be an integral part of their lives (carpool, school trips, mission trips, sports team trips, etc.) or I will position myself to be a bystander. My wife is also confident that I didn't by this behemoth in order to "pick up chicks".
Favorite Features
What other 19-foot long car can you drive that lets you look down on SUV's. This thing is a kick to drive, it is comfortable and it turns on a dime. Don't dismiss this car as an alternative to oversized SUV's and pickups until you drive it.
Suggested Improvements
They could turn out a passenger van that is the same height as the cargo van, which would make this a great competitor for the minivans. My oversized (140-inch, ten-passenger) model has unbelievable power, a smaller version would be a race car.