2002 Freightliner Sprinter is fantastic!
By Wild Imaginations on
2003 Dodge Sprinter 2500 High Ceiling 140 WB 3dr Ext Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)
I got this van used in September 2005 and drove it home from Brighton, Co to Danville, CA. It drove perfectly fine. Fuel mileage was around 20 mpg. After 50k miles, the mileage got up to 22 mpg. Now after 106k miles, the mileage is up to 25 mpg combined city/fwy. Use it for my business and never gave me any problems. Even went on a trip from Danville, CA to Las Vegas, NV on one tank of diesel fuel. I was totally impressed!!! Everyone is always complimenting or asking questions about my Sprinter van. My kids think it's the ugliest thing in the neighborhood and refuse to be near it. Good for me, they won't bother asking me if they can use it. Will keep it for another 100k miles!
Favorite Features
Cruise control is great, seat warmers are great, great fuel mileage, short version is still very roomy, rear a/c is great, high beam headlights are super bright, great upright seating in front for commanding view of the road ahead, 8' clearance for most garages is available.
Suggested Improvements
Rear passenger seats need to be able to recline, put wheels on them as well for ease of movement, power seat controls on the front seats, fuel mileage display to monitor actual mpg, GPS option would be nice, need better interior lights and need sliding door assist for the older people like me!