2003 Dodge Sprinter Van - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sprinter model:
2002 Freightliner Sprinter is fantastic!
By Wild Imaginations on 11/24/07 16:55 PM (PST)

2003 Dodge Sprinter Van 2500 High Ceiling 140 WB 3dr Ext Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I got this van used in September 2005 and drove it home from Brighton, Co to Danville, CA. It drove perfectly fine. Fuel mileage was around 20 mpg. After 50k miles, the mileage got up to 22 mpg. Now after 106k miles, the mileage is up to 25 mpg combined city/fwy. Use it for my business and never gave me any problems. Even went on a trip from Danville, CA to Las Vegas, NV on one tank of diesel fuel. I was totally impressed!!! Everyone is always complimenting or asking questions about my Sprinter van. My kids think it's the ugliest thing in the neighborhood and refuse to be near it. Good for me, they won't bother asking me if they can use it. Will keep it for another 100k miles!

Sprinter 2500, a great family car
By Carpool Dad on 04/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is the only vehicle I could find that I can expect atleast a quarter million miles from. It is also the only "large" vehicle I could find that offers 20+ MPG. I expected a lot of "have you lost your mind" comments, but guys offer gutteral Tim Allen sounds and carpool moms envy the room. Bottom line, I have my kids in tow for the next seven years and I will either be equipped to be an integral part of their lives (carpool, school trips, mission trips, sports team trips, etc.) or I will position myself to be a bystander. My wife is also confident that I didn't by this behemoth in order to "pick up chicks".