2008 Sprinter Diesel Cargo 144 WB
By Jenner in Houston on
2008 Dodge Sprinter Cargo 2500 144 WB 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)
Have driven 6,000 combination miles so far,worst mpg is 19 best is 22. Appears with my rear end ratios I will be getting better in town mpg than hwy at 70. I'm carrying 1600 lbs. constantly as cargo in form of boxes. This van is a dream to drive. My history has been 5 Ford Vans, and this is by far a cut above. Turning radius is much tighter than any other van I know of. Ability to lock doors after exiting appears to be non-existent, unless using the fob. This does,of course, prevent any lock-outs I presume. My experience so far has been above my expectations. Anyone willing to make the jump-up on the front end to purchase one, will be justified after a few miles under ones belt
Favorite Features
Love the transmission manual downshift capabilities, will save on the brakes I'm sure. Cab heater that runs w/o engine running is great for doing paper work in cold weather.
Suggested Improvements
Bit confusing as to how to unlock electric doors with switch on dash after engine is off. Ability to add add'l fused circuits under drivers seat requires some engineering, as vacant fuse spaces do not have hot circuit side available for you to just 'plug and play'