2007 Dodge Sprinter Cargo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sprinter Cargo model:
Total PITA to own
By Rockbreaker on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Sprinter Cargo 2500 144 WB 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Total pain to keep running. I have 48,000 miles and the engine light has been on most of its life taking it in for the 2nd EGR valve replacement next week replaced glow plugs still need a very expensive GP module

Great Van when it works
By doubleE on 05/27/10 18:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Sprinter Cargo 2500 144 WB 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This is my third Sprinter and it is by far the worst. The old 5 cylinder got much better mileage with the same power. Repairs take forever because lack of parts and experience with them usually only one master mechanic per dealership I found. In 50k miles had 2 glow plugs go bad, the pads are crap and where the rotors out $2200 for all 4, leaking power steering rack $2k, bad power steering pump, had the shifter spring break twice leaving it stuck in park or in drive $750 then $1500 to replace the shifter, the volume knob on the radio does not work for some reason anymore and the transmission needs a special dipstick to check the fluid level. My advice is buy a proven more reliable work van.

Would buy again, but needs work
By Lockmedic on 01/15/10 18:19 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Sprinter Cargo 2500 144 WB 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Love the van, hate the price paid, and dealer service stinks. As a result, I do my own repairs and farm out the dirty jobs to locals (oil changes, brakes). Repairs are reasonable this way. Van eats light bulbs and brake pads. Has had a series of small but annoying problems throughout ownership but has never left us stranded. 1 glow plug dead, driveshaft carrier bearing sometimes makes squeaky noise, can't reset oil change reminder without dealer diagnostic equipment (which fortunately we own). Other than that, it's a phenomenal van. No roadie-walk when moving around in the box. Still turns heads 2 years later. Drives like a car. I'd buy another.

Like it
By Duane on 08/24/09 15:03 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Sprinter Cargo 2500 144 WB 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

We own 2 Sprinters. Wish they were not so expensive but ours appear to be holding up well. Outstanding fuel economy compared to our gasoline vans.Almost double. One unit has 60,000 miles, the other around 30,000. The only weak point we have found is the brakes are quite small and wear out quickly, about 20-25,000 miles. Figure on replacing pads every 20,000 to avoid having to replace rotors.

if you know whats good for you, stay away
By mc on 03/17/09 18:47 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Sprinter Cargo 2500 144 WB 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

What can i say the van looks good, drives good and the fuel economy is good for a vehicle of its size. I suggest leasing and giving them back. You have to be a millionaire literally when they start to break down. If there are electrical problems like i had only the dealer can fix it and it took them almost 3 weeks. The part also took 1 week to arrive.I can't even imagine they plan on people buying these things to make a living with and it takes them 1 week to get one stupid part. These things are electrical nightmares. Makes no sense to me why they would put all this crazy electronics in a work van. Useless.Van loses power all the time.Check engine light causes this.Never buy one again

Not reliable, but otherwise excellent
By D. Benz on 11/02/08 16:12 PM (PST)

2007 Dodge Sprinter Cargo 2500 144 WB 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

We have owned our 2007 Sprinter 2500 144"WB high roof van for about a year in commercial service. It has been excellent in every respect, except it has broken down three times now and left the drivers stranded. The first time involved the vehicle quitting on the interstate. The second time the vehicle refused to start. The third time the vehicle failed to respond to throttle acceleration. Needless to say, our drivers became afraid to drive this vehicle and it had to be given to our GM instead.

Satisfied Sprinter owner
By A.H. Stone on 09/21/07 18:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Sprinter Cargo 2500 144 WB 3dr Van (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Purchased a 2007 Sprinter 144" WB with high roof. Have had vehicle for a week and am getting 22 mpg. Very comfortable and easy to drive. Purchased with rear windows and side window for better visibility. Glad I did. Visibility is very good. This is a great work van with great gas mileage.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.