2005 Dodge Sprinter Cargo Consumer Review: Initially pricey, but worth it

2005 Dodge Sprinter Cargo Van - Consumer Review

Initially pricey, but worth it
By Glenn on

2005 Dodge Sprinter Cargo 2500 High Roof 140 WB 3dr Ext Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I live in Littleton, CO and use my van for garage door service and installation. I tow a 3200# trailer with about an additional 1000# payload. My Sprinter does well. Power is consistent even at high elevations, thanks to the fact that it is turbocharged. I did have a problem that took three service visits to correct. The outside temp sensor, located behind the rear license plate was the problem for its poor engine performance. Then they changed the oil with regular oil rather than synthetic at the first service interval. I will switch to a new dealer for service. My fuel mileage is between 18 and 19.5, with 17,000 miles on the odometer. It is really fun to drive.

Fun to drive. Tight steering, like a go-cart. Different look causes customers to take notice and ask about it.

Better trained service techs. An all wheel drive option would be nice, since it leaves a lot to be desired in snowy driving conditions.