Used 2005 Dodge Sprinter Cargo Van Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Dodge Sprinter-cargo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sprinter Cargo model:

Great van
By jason the plumber

2005 Dodge Sprinter Cargo Van 2500 High Roof 140 WB 3dr Ext Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This is the van for a service professional. You do not have to bend over to reach heavy tools and can stand up straight while grabbing parts. The first job I did after getting the van set with shelves and drawers involved removing an 80gallon solar storage tank. I hefted it out of the basement and stood it up straight into the van! What a back-saver. Got 27mpg one time, it averages about 23 all-around. It can carry broken concrete piled up about 3ft high in payload area.

Favorite Features

High roof. Handling. Gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

More certified sprinter mechanics for maintenance. I currently have to drive about an hour to get certified service/parts.

Why can't America build a van like this?
By Beverage Equipment

2005 Dodge Sprinter Cargo Van 2500 High Roof 158 WB 3dr Ext Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

It may have a Dodge or Freightliner name but it is all Mercedes. Wht can't America build a 22ft long, 9 foot tall van, with a 3,000 ld payload and still get 23 miles per gallon. I love it, I just wish we could build the same. We can go to the moon, land a rover on Mars, but we can't defeat the Germans in the auto market.

Favorite Features

Fuel mileage. Payload capacity

Suggested Improvements

Make it fly. The only improvment left.

Great Work Van
By tom

2005 Dodge Sprinter Cargo Van 3500 High Roof 158 WB 3dr Ext Van DRW (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I have owned this van for past year and I never had any problems. It's great on fuel and cheap to operate. I highly recommend it.

Favorite Features

Fuel economy

Suggested Improvements

Better seats

Best Van On The Planet
By beverageequip

Hauls like a tractor trailer, yet sips fuel like a VW. Doesn't get the 27 mpg as promised, but gets 21 mpg with it loaded to the max and an employee driving like he stole it. A little expensive, but worth it if you have the money.

Favorite Features

I can stand up and not lose anything.

Suggested Improvements

A hybrid model

Love the Sprinter
By New Monsoon

Just bought a 158" dualie 3500 SuperHighCab that is built for a touring band, with 4 luxury captain's chairs behind the driver/passenger compartment. It has the upgraded transmission cooler pump for towing and no passenger rear sliding door. Entry into the cargo area is through the back doors. Great standup height, lots of room to build custom benches/bunks in the back. Also, solid towing power and passing speed when towing 3500lb trailer.

Favorite Features

Turning radius is phenomenal! Handling at 70mph is really tight. Solid braking.

Suggested Improvements

Tilt steering wheel! Larger brake pedal. Swingable visors. Less costly.