2005 Dodge Sprinter Cargo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sprinter Cargo model:
Why can't America build a van like this?
By Beverage Equipment on 02/15/08 19:33 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Sprinter Cargo 2500 High Roof 158 WB 3dr Ext Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

It may have a Dodge or Freightliner name but it is all Mercedes. Wht can't America build a 22ft long, 9 foot tall van, with a 3,000 ld payload and still get 23 miles per gallon. I love it, I just wish we could build the same. We can go to the moon, land a rover on Mars, but we can't defeat the Germans in the auto market.

Best Van On The Planet
By beverageequip on 11/13/06 17:58 PM (PST)

Hauls like a tractor trailer, yet sips fuel like a VW. Doesn't get the 27 mpg as promised, but gets 21 mpg with it loaded to the max and an employee driving like he stole it. A little expensive, but worth it if you have the money.

Sprinter
By mser on 07/29/06 04:27 AM (PDT)

The Sprinter is by far the best service vehicle I have ever owned. It is fun to drive and a pleasure to work out of. My Sprinter is loaded at about 6900 lbs, (gvw) right now and my MPG is averaging 23 mpg. I was getting about 10mpg with my p/up truck and service trailer. The fuel savings alone is huge for a small business owner like me. This vehicle is actually paying for itself.

Great Van Until it Broke Down
By marytom777 on 03/05/06 15:17 PM (PST)

We (husband/wife)use our van to haul expedited freight. It's really nice for a work truck. Unfortunately the crank shaft pulley fell off for no apparent reason. When the pulley fell off, it may have damaged the crank shaft where the pulley attaches. We were 1000 mi. from home with freight to deliver! It is in the shop now & with our warranty expired, it looks to be expensive. I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem. We keep it well maintained.

Dodge Sprinter 2500
By Bob on 02/19/05 12:18 PM (PST)

If you need high cubes in a vehicle that provides remarkably good performance despite low rated horsepower, and unbelievable fuel economy, you can't do better than the Dodge (Mercedes Benz) Sprinter.The 158" W.B. SHC model offers 13 ft cargo length, a 73 inch standing height, yet has a short turning radius that will amaze. The 5 cylinder turbocharged diesel engine starts and runs like a gasoline engine, with no diesel clatter or smoke, all while achieving 25mpg or so. The seating position is very high, offering great visibility. The seats are 6 way adjustable, and include an adjustable air bladder lumbar support. Overall, this is a great vehicle that won't disappoint.