2005 Dodge Sprinter Cargo 2500 118 WB Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Sprinter Cargo model:

Sort Reviews by

Great Van
By Great Van

2005 Dodge Sprinter Cargo 2500 118 WB 3dr Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I've owned this van for several months now, and I have just returned from a 3400 mile trip to the east coast. This van has met all my expectations. It is fun to drive, is well put together, and has good fuel economy (considering it is a truck). I got nearly 30mpg on one full tank of gas on the interstate with careful driving. I ordered the van with special options since I wasn't in a hurry to take possession and I wanted this to be my last van purchase. I ordered the cruise control and the power windows and door locks. These two options have been very accommodating and I would suggest them to others, though they are a bit expensive.

Favorite Features

Fuel mileage. Looks. Quality. Driveability.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of any improvements at this time. The van is new and is certainly the most impressive van I've ever purchased.

Great vehicle
By T. Smith

2005 Dodge Sprinter Cargo 2500 118 WB 3dr Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I use a power wheelchair for mobility and bought a Sprinter Van instead of a Chevy or Ford for the first time in 30 years. I did not have to raise the roof or cut up the floor. Sprinter is spacious, easy to drive, has great visibility and gets great mileage. It can be a little loud on the highway and has that rough cargo van ride. Overall, I highly recommend the vehicle.

Favorite Features

Turbodiesel makes getting on the highway or passing easy compared to my previous vans. As I said, great mileage, great visibility, and easy to drive--fits into any parking space with an incredible turning radius.

Suggested Improvements

Needs better shocks, stronger AC unit, and maybe a few curves on the body would take away that box look.