Used 2004 Dodge Sprinter Cargo 2500 High Roof 140 WB Van Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Sprinter-cargo - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Sprinter Cargo Van

View reviews for a specific Sprinter Cargo model:

DO NOT BUY IT FROM DODGE "DITTO"
By aspd

2004 Dodge Sprinter Cargo Van 2500 High Roof 140 WB 3dr Ext Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

We own two of these Sprinter vans. If you like having the bodies rust out, harmonic balancers fall out on the freeway, difficulty finding parts, long waits at the dealerships for service,THEN THIS IS THE VAN FOR YOU. Chrysler has no intention of helping it's customers when these things fall apart. And their Business Link program is not worth the paper it is written on. We have had both of them at different dealerships this week. Both sat over 5 days before even getting into the shop. Not worth the extra money you pay for these things.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature will be the cash I get when I take both of these to the auction as soon as we get them out of bondage at the dealership for the last time.

Suggested Improvements

Even if you could improve the product you won't be able to improve the customer service. Even the people who work on these don't like them!

After two I have had enough
By Paul

My company purchased two Sprinter Vans, one in 2004 and one in 2005 with high expectations. Other than being almost impossible to get serviced at any of the dealers (bought them from two different dealers)these vans have been a big disappointment. Dodge customer service is worthless and their "Business Link" program is a total farce. Bad paint (rust), harmonic balancers that fall off, turbos that come apart, incorrect parts for brakes, electrical problems etc. We have both vans in the shop now and it will be 4 more days before they can look at them. One has 85K and the other 110K. The idea was better gas mileage (yes) and less down time....A BIG NO. Really bad in wind and snow.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage and capacity

Suggested Improvements

Dodge should live up to their promises or not make them at all. Save your money and buy to alternate vehicles. The huge price is not worth the investment.

Some good, some bad
By Dan

I have found that if you are not carrying a lot of weight, the Sprinter is not very good in the snow. Winter cold air will get into the cockpit. A little on the noisy side. Radio reception is bad. I use the Sprinter as a showroom on wheels. Insulation is very poor in cargo area, if you work inside. Need the extra rear heater which I did not get. Seats very uncomfortable.

Favorite Features

Very good gas mileage, but it takes about 10,000 miles to break it in. Getting between 22 to 26 mpg.

Suggested Improvements

Better seats.

Cargo Van of the next millenea
By gardenerbob

I have just taken possesion of my Sprinter(from Freightliner, not Dodge) and am thrilled to report that it was worth the wait(6 months for custom order). This van is meant for work. It can be customized for just about any trade.

Favorite Features

Adjustable seats, headroom. Alarm system, Magnetic door secure.

Suggested Improvements

Better Speakers for Cab Area