1994 Dodge Spirit Consumer Review: Goodbye Old Friend

1994 Dodge Spirit - Consumer Review

Goodbye Old Friend
By EKnigmah on

1994 Dodge Spirit 4dr Sedan

I bought my Spirit new in June of 1994. I was desperate for a dependable car and could not afford one of the higher rated imports. My Spirit was exactly what I needed. It has been a great car. It has carried my family of 5 snuggly but comfortably. I have driven it 310,000 miles in 12 years. During that time, I've had the transmission repaired twice. The first time was my fault (poor maintenance). The second time was because the first shop did a lousy job. Now, sadly, the engine is finally going out. It has developed a coolant leak and the repair is too costly for its age and number of miles. I just hope the replacement is at least half the car my Spirit is. Goodbye old friend. I'll miss you.

The sound system is great. For a factory job, I was surprised at its quality. It has a very rich, full bodied tone. Also, the engine offers good power and great gas mileage. Even now with 310,000 miles on it, it still gets 25 miles to a gallon in the city. Above all else, the dependability. Superb!

No point in offering suggestions. Dodge stopped selling Spirits in 1995. I wonder how the Stratus stacks up against its predecessor?