1994 Dodge Spirit Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 2.5L 4-cyl. 3-speed Automatic - (19 reviews )
Decent car for money
By Ray on 04/28/09 08:28 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Spirit Sedan 4dr Sedan

Hard to find a more rounded car for the $$. I own a 91 Plymouth Acclaim and a 94 Spririt. They have the usual issues around 100k such as the head gasket and the paint on the 94 (white) is flaking off. I get 22mpg average which is not too bad. The local salvage yard is full of these cars so parts are almost free. The car has a surprising amount of room and decent build quality. I've had both cars head gaskets replaced around 90k. I bought a rebuilt head for the 94 for <200.00. The ignition switch broke in both cars but is a really easy fix. I found a car at the salvage yard with a new switch and keys in it. Slapped it in and off I went. I keep spares on hand from salvaged cars.

I wish they were all made like this.
By Lupdawg on 08/04/08 15:07 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Spirit Sedan 4dr Sedan

These cars are like Wonka's everlasting gob stopper. Once you work the original kinks out, the cars last forever. Stay on top of the maintenance and it will be there for you. Mine has been broad sided and brought back from the brink of death. It still gets over 25 mpg hwy. Great car.

Great lil mid-size
By Edwin on 04/16/08 13:38 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Spirit Sedan 4dr Sedan

i bought this car for $300 from a lady that could not afford to fix it. It had 205,000 miles on it and it would hardly run, luckily parts are easy to find and reasonably priced. this car as the 3.0L V-6 built by Mitsubishi, which is a very powerful and reliable engine. all problems have been fixed and this thing ROCKS. Plenty of room for anything, seats 5-6 people, big trunk for speakers, handles well for its size and even better with bigger wheels 16s-17s. stops well and accelerates well with the V-6

Best Car to Start with
By spirittttz on 04/14/08 08:06 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Spirit Sedan 4dr Sedan

Well, I got this car off of my brother after he went to jail, sad story. It was my first car, I got with somewhere around 100,000 miles. It was in great shape. I learned everything on this car, what to do, what not to do. It ran through everything. Took only 1 tank of gas to get from Linesville, Pa. to Columbus Ohio and back (roughly 461 miles total). Good on gas, very sturdy, took a beating on dirt roads but never shuddered. Not much room inside though. The only thing that could stop this baby was a White minivan rear ending me at a red light. I wish I still had this car.

Good car some repairs
By mark on 07/18/07 06:37 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Spirit Sedan 4dr Sedan

When I bought the car it had a burnt valve, and because of that it would idle in reverse or drive. The head gasket is a problem, but the engine is hard to hurt. It can pull a 1,000 pound trailer with 500 pounds of equipment. When you work the problems out due to age. It's a nice car.

Spirts rock
By Mopar man on 10/14/06 09:21 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Spirit Sedan 4dr Sedan

We have had this car for many years now. It rarely breaks down and is a great car to drive. it's one of the best cars we have ever owned. We will run it till it dies. Plus it's so awesome a car, we plan on buying another one to drive too.

Goodbye Old Friend
By EKnigmah on 10/08/06 14:14 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Spirit Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Spirit new in June of 1994. I was desperate for a dependable car and could not afford one of the higher rated imports. My Spirit was exactly what I needed. It has been a great car. It has carried my family of 5 snuggly but comfortably. I have driven it 310,000 miles in 12 years. During that time, I've had the transmission repaired twice. The first time was my fault (poor maintenance). The second time was because the first shop did a lousy job. Now, sadly, the engine is finally going out. It has developed a coolant leak and the repair is too costly for its age and number of miles. I just hope the replacement is at least half the car my Spirit is. Goodbye old friend. I'll miss you.

The Spirit is with ye
By arlo on 11/28/05 12:48 PM (PST)

1994 Dodge Spirit Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my '94 Spirit in January of '02. It has plowed through snowstorms and over mountains without fail. I paid $2500 for it and have put on over 40000 miles of hard winter driving in Vermont. Great car.

Awesome Vehicle
By King Cobra on 04/11/05 11:32 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Spirit Sedan 4dr Sedan

I own a 1994 Dodge Spirit V6 model and it is one of the best vehicles I have ever owned. I got into an accident with it a couple of years ago that should have thrown me from the car, but the way the car is built I stayed in my seat the whole time. I still runs to this day and I just love the way it runs.

EHHH!!!!!!!
By aliasMAN on 02/28/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Spirit Sedan 4dr Sedan

IT IS GOOD!!! I BOUGHT THIS CAR BECAUSE I THINK DOGE IS INCREADABLY RELIABLE AND I WAS RIGHT.