1993 Dodge Spirit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spirit model:
Great Value
By Reno Rider on 01/11/10 20:35 PM (PST)

1993 Dodge Spirit ES 4dr Sedan

'93 Spirit, 2.5L, Gold Package. Excellent value and performance. Purchased new and after 191K miles car is reliable. Maintenance cost/mile less than 4 cents. Routinely serviced, particularly transmission. No problems. Don't recommend the 3.0L engine - had that on a '88 Ply mini van and had engine and trany issues. Same trany on the spirit and no problems. Offers 6 seat belts and more leg room than some larger more expensive cars. Biggest expense was a brake proportioning valve failure. Engine, AC, trany, power steering pump fine. Replaced alternator and water pump twice. 2.5L has a timing belt which had to be replaced 3xs per mfg recommendation. Power okay.

Spirit
By CarMikie on 05/28/06 06:12 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Spirit ES 4dr Sedan

Purchased this vehicle as a second owner car, with 31, 302 miles. It now has 76,000 miles on it and has had not one, not two, but three automatic transmissions in it. We have also replaced the front wheel bearings twice. This car is lady driven but all in all it's just another piece of junk. The power windows have malfunctioned and the air conditioner compressor is noisy when engaged, and we have had significant issues with the idling. My recommendation, they are no good.

My daily driver
By Henri_69 on 04/08/05 17:04 PM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Spirit ES 4dr Sedan

This car has been a good running car for years, but has been "getting" tired as of the last few years. Overall not a bad car.

A descent 5 seater for 6' plus folks!
By BioDieselDude on 09/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Spirit ES 4dr Sedan

For an older vehicle with a 2.5L 4 cylinder engine it gets great mileage for its size and weight, especially when laden. It is great for puttering around town, plenty of low end torque, but the engine runs out of steam past 75mph. Cruises great at 60-65mph and is fairly quiet. RPM at 62mph is 2500, right in the middle of the torque curve. It has 116 000kms (not miles) on the vehicle and no major problems as of yet, just had a fresh coat of paint put on and it looks sharp.

Great- but . . .
By tnsonger on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Spirit ES 4dr Sedan

This is a vehicle of better than average build quality except for the 3 speed (auto lockup convertor) automatic. Had to have first rebuild at 85000 mi. and then second rebuild at 150000 mi. Otherwise this has been an enjoyable car to own.

Great Little car
By spirit on 03/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Spirit Highline 4dr Sedan

I have had my spirit for over 2 years now. It has been extremely reliable and i've had only minor problems. Now my car has 136000 miles on it and its still going. It may not be the best looking car, but if your looking for reliability , you can't go wrong with this one. I also just bought another spirit 93 with 73508 miles. I know i'll get at least 150k out of it.

Very reliable
By angelkitty69011 on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Spirit ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my car with 169,000 miles on it, now i've got more than 200,000 miles. I have never had a problem, mechanically. Of course besides regular oil changes, and tires, brakes and things like that. This is the most reliable car I have ever had.

Good Car
By Meg on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Spirit ES 4dr Sedan

This car is a very relieble car. It was my first car from my parents, dont laugh, it is very good on gas and hasn't had many problems. Although it is a good car it is not that fun to drive. It isn't sporty or nice but if your unlike me and just want a good car this would be a good car to purchase.

Dependable Car
By robert1967 on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Spirit ES 4dr Sedan

This car has been mechanically sound. I gave my son this car 2 years ago with 75,000 miles on it with just a couple of minor problems. He has driven it another 50,000 miles or so without any major problems but the engine has seen better days. I am told the timing belt should have been replaced but so far it has been ok. 2 cylinders are not working properly ,but until now few major problems.

hull anything around
By deb d on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Spirit ES 4dr Sedan

it handles well, reliable, i can take curbs at a 130km no sweat, v6 helps out when im passing people, lots of leg room in back seat, which makes it great for tall people. i can carry around more things than most people cause of the design.