Used 1992 Dodge Spirit ES Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Dodge Spirit Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spirit model:

Perfect First Car!
By danilittrell

1992 Dodge Spirit Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I got this car a little over a year and a half ago, and It had just over 100,000 miles on it. I've put on about 20,000 miles since then, and I haven't had any major issues. Of course, since it is not 10 years old, a lot of the parts are giving out because of age, but other than that, it runs great. I have a V6 Automatic, so I don't have the best gas mileage. If I wasn't looking for a car with better gas mileage, I would continue to drive this car 'til it gave out (which I'm sure it could go another 5-6 years easily.) It is true, TAKE CARE of your car and it will take care of you! Since I've done that, the problems have been minimal! Love my dodge!

My car was loaded with tape player, power windows/locks, keyless entry, cruise control, after market CD player, and so much more. Great features for its year. 20 years old and still kicking butt!

I wish I had the 4 cyl, but there is power behind my little Spirit. Occasionally it has issues turning over the first time (only when it is 85 degrees or hotter out) but that is to be expected with its age. It has never failed to start.

The Best Piece of Crap Ever
By Andrew

1992 Dodge Spirit Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

Drove the hell out of this car (I got it when I was 16, now I'm 23). Gone 120 on the highway, hill hopping, off roading, trash can bowling, and even hit a deer going at a decent speed. Took out a mailbox going 45 and only left a small indent in the bummer. Spend my late teens burning out a lot. The tranny has held together like a champ, I do rust through tail pipes once every 1.5 years though. You do have to watch the oil closely this thing Burns oil like it is gas. Got it at 150,000 miles and drove for another 60k. This glorious dump just keeps running. If you are looking for a cheap beater get a v6 model with low miles and then get on down the road, you won't regret it.

Windshield washer squirter started to aim to the right. I use it to squirt girls/pedestrians with washer fluid while I'm driving. Got a guy on a bike for about 10 secs one time just driving beside him.

10 gallon jugs of oil for the trunk so you are always prepared. Maybe supersized washer fluid tank so i can get in a squirt gun battle with a group of kids from my car.

260,000 and still going
By jsav

1992 Dodge Spirit Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with about 110,000 on it. Now it has 260,000 and still getting around 25mpg, and about 28mpg after a tune up. I have not touched this motor other then regular tune ups and I broke the timing belt at 204000 and replaced it. I have put a power steering pump, fuel pump and starter on this car. I change oil about every 5000 and it does not affect it. It have the 3.0 v6. I work construction and this is my work car so it really gets abused but I can not complain one bit. I had a plan of retiring it when it hit 1/4 million miles, but I figured lets go for 300000. I put snows on it in the winter and it gets around great. I have hit a couple deer with it ect. what a car.

Ice cold air, great mileage and plenty of power, can still roast the tires.

Better headlights