1992 Dodge Spirit - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spirit model:
Perfect First Car!
By danilittrell on 10/16/12 09:24 AM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Spirit ES 4dr Sedan

I got this car a little over a year and a half ago, and It had just over 100,000 miles on it. I've put on about 20,000 miles since then, and I haven't had any major issues. Of course, since it is not 10 years old, a lot of the parts are giving out because of age, but other than that, it runs great. I have a V6 Automatic, so I don't have the best gas mileage. If I wasn't looking for a car with better gas mileage, I would continue to drive this car 'til it gave out (which I'm sure it could go another 5-6 years easily.) It is true, TAKE CARE of your car and it will take care of you! Since I've done that, the problems have been minimal! Love my dodge!

The Best Piece of Crap Ever
By Andrew on 06/26/10 04:39 AM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Spirit ES 4dr Sedan

Drove the hell out of this car (I got it when I was 16, now I'm 23). Gone 120 on the highway, hill hopping, off roading, trash can bowling, and even hit a deer going at a decent speed. Took out a mailbox going 45 and only left a small indent in the bummer. Spend my late teens burning out a lot. The tranny has held together like a champ, I do rust through tail pipes once every 1.5 years though. You do have to watch the oil closely this thing Burns oil like it is gas. Got it at 150,000 miles and drove for another 60k. This glorious dump just keeps running. If you are looking for a cheap beater get a v6 model with low miles and then get on down the road, you won't regret it.

260,000 and still going
By jsav on 12/25/07 21:30 PM (PST)

1992 Dodge Spirit ES 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with about 110,000 on it. Now it has 260,000 and still getting around 25mpg, and about 28mpg after a tune up. I have not touched this motor other then regular tune ups and I broke the timing belt at 204000 and replaced it. I have put a power steering pump, fuel pump and starter on this car. I change oil about every 5000 and it does not affect it. It have the 3.0 v6. I work construction and this is my work car so it really gets abused but I can not complain one bit. I had a plan of retiring it when it hit 1/4 million miles, but I figured lets go for 300000. I put snows on it in the winter and it gets around great. I have hit a couple deer with it ect. what a car.

Spirit to Soar
By Mindy on 04/08/06 18:56 PM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Spirit LE 4dr Sedan

Everything is great except for a few fix-ups and one more serious fix. I really do love this car though. It's great but in saying that I also have to say that before I owned it, it was maticulously taken care of and maintained by the one previous owner.

Nothing like the Spirit
By gRANDE the XIV on 07/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Spirit 4dr Sedan

I have had this car since 94,000 miles - it has caused me minor problems, nothing out of ordinary from an old and aged car... very reliable, been through a lot. When I'm in the spirit, all is well. I've found when I take care of the spirit, the spirit takes care of me. It really has been reliable, but you should stay on top of it's normal maintenance.

an ok car for the $$
By car girl on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Spirit 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 2 yrs ago with 106000 miles on it. It's at 124000 miles and starting to fall apart. Transmission and engine problems. I would recommend getting something newer, but it's ok if it's all you can get.