1991 Dodge Spirit Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spirit model:
Solidly Built and Reliable
By Dale on 04/18/10 10:22 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Spirit Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car because my '01 Stratus was totaled over the winter. It had 110,700 miles on it at purchase, and now has 113,000. This car handles freeway speeds of 75-80 mph with no problems, and I use the freeway 3 or more times a week traveling between 20 and 30 mile distances one way. The power seats are comfortable and all the controls are simple and within reach. I'm 6'4 and the leg room is ample enough for comfort. I would recommend the Spirit to anybody needing affordable, reliable transportation.

I had a good experience
By Wall Street on 12/16/08 18:07 PM (PST)

1991 Dodge Spirit Sedan 4dr Sedan

I got my Dodge Spirit around 2003-04. It had the 2.5L engine which had decent pickup and was fairly good on gas. The seat had good back support and the interior was easy to navigate. The car was easy to drive and was absolutely superior on snow and ice to any comparable car that I have ever driven. I believe this is due to the weight and shape. I never had a problem with the car until I decided to race it super hard one night, allowing the RPMs to be very high for an extended period of time. This blew the cylnder head. If I had not done that, I would probably still be driving it today. I thoroughly enjoyed owning this car. I blew it up with about 130k miles.

Solid American Vehicle
By Lon on 08/11/08 20:16 PM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Spirit Sedan 4dr Sedan

The drive and appearance of this vehicle are unremarkable. It may leak oil on your driveway but you will not kill this car. Despite being able to find parts in salvage yards the only known cause of death I can attest to has been by demolition derby. The best part is she won.

My Spirit
By Professor on 04/20/08 14:08 PM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Spirit Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

This car has performed magnificently for me throughout my ownership of it. Although it was built for economy I found it large enough and comfortable enough for my needs. Although I have kept it serviced regularly it has required almost no repairs. If they still manufactured this model I would buy another one just like it!

Owner for 13 years.
By nisaty on 02/05/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Dodge Spirit Sedan ES Turbo 4dr Sedan

I am selling my car after 13 years only because my daughter sold me a newer one. I have had wonderful luck with this car. There was only one unexpected repair and normal maintenance in those 13 years.

Long Term Owner
By JohnQ on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Spirit Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 1991 and have driven it for over 12 years. Repairs have been been minor and very few. Maintenance is easy to do myself and the parts are standard and not expensive. This is without a doubt the most reliable car I have ever owned, and has certainly been a good value. I keep thinking that I will trade it in when it dies but it just keeps on running great. I can still do 75 mph on the highway and it still gets 24 mpg driving around town.

Keeps on Ticking
By joburnet on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Spirit Sedan 4dr Sedan

When I bought this vehicle it had 84k miles on it and now it has almost 170k. It has lasted me through college and is still going and I have never had any major problems. It is starting to show it's age, paint is starting to peel in places, but it's never let me down and actually handles great in the snow. The 2.5 Liter engine is very good quality but I can't speak for the others.

Good, basic transportation
By PaulD on 10/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Spirit Sedan 4dr Sedan

We bought the car as a demo car, back a long time ago. 10 years later, the car still runs great. Its not perfect, we've had a few things go wrong over the years. But what do you expect for an inexpensive basic car? The number of things to go wrong has been I think below average for a car with 200,000 miles on it.

ienvbhtbelm
By putipinay25 on 07/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Spirit Sedan 4dr Sedan

car was a salvage. bought at 105K. no problems at all. this car was bought because the plymouth acclaim is great.

250,000 and still fun !
By Matt in Penna on 05/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Spirit Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I bought my 1991 6 cyl ES as a work car and found it to be the best I ever had. I still use it as a fun car after 250,000 miles. Guess what - I went out and bought a beautiful 1992 Spirit as its replacement! Sadly I wrecked it in the rain - but it saved my life - solidly built machine. I'm currently looking for a 94-96 Spirit to replace it. My opinion -if you see one - buy it!