Used 1991 Dodge Spirit Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Dodge Spirit - Consumer Reviews

1991 Dodge Spirit Sedan

View reviews for a specific Spirit model:

Solidly Built and Reliable
By Dale

1991 Dodge Spirit Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I bought this car because my '01 Stratus was totaled over the winter. It had 110,700 miles on it at purchase, and now has 113,000. This car handles freeway speeds of 75-80 mph with no problems, and I use the freeway 3 or more times a week traveling between 20 and 30 mile distances one way. The power seats are comfortable and all the controls are simple and within reach. I'm 6'4 and the leg room is ample enough for comfort. I would recommend the Spirit to anybody needing affordable, reliable transportation.

Favorite Features

The power equipment, this car is loaded with it. The quality, availability, and affordable costs are big pluses in this economy.

Suggested Improvements

Electronic fuel injection and at least a 4 speed automatic transmission.

I had a good experience
By Wall Street

1991 Dodge Spirit Sedan 4dr Sedan

I got my Dodge Spirit around 2003-04. It had the 2.5L engine which had decent pickup and was fairly good on gas. The seat had good back support and the interior was easy to navigate. The car was easy to drive and was absolutely superior on snow and ice to any comparable car that I have ever driven. I believe this is due to the weight and shape. I never had a problem with the car until I decided to race it super hard one night, allowing the RPMs to be very high for an extended period of time. This blew the cylnder head. If I had not done that, I would probably still be driving it today. I thoroughly enjoyed owning this car. I blew it up with about 130k miles.

Suggested Improvements

One more gear for the automatic transmission.

Solid American Vehicle
By Lon

1991 Dodge Spirit Sedan 4dr Sedan

The drive and appearance of this vehicle are unremarkable. It may leak oil on your driveway but you will not kill this car. Despite being able to find parts in salvage yards the only known cause of death I can attest to has been by demolition derby. The best part is she won.

My Spirit
By Professor

1991 Dodge Spirit Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

This car has performed magnificently for me throughout my ownership of it. Although it was built for economy I found it large enough and comfortable enough for my needs. Although I have kept it serviced regularly it has required almost no repairs. If they still manufactured this model I would buy another one just like it!

Favorite Features

Economy, reliability, excellent size and handling.

Owner for 13 years.
By nisaty

1991 Dodge Spirit Sedan ES Turbo 4dr Sedan

I am selling my car after 13 years only because my daughter sold me a newer one. I have had wonderful luck with this car. There was only one unexpected repair and normal maintenance in those 13 years.

Favorite Features

I love the size and performance. The V6, 3.0 engine has beeen super performance and reliability wise.

Suggested Improvements

My only complaint is the paint job. In the last couple of years the paint has begun to peel as if it has a serious sun burn.