Used 1991 Dodge Spirit R/T Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T - Consumer Reviews

R/T 2.2L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual - (2 reviews )

Dodge Spirit R/T
By Old Dave

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T R/T Turbo 4dr Sedan

This year I used this car for business travel about 125 miles/day about 4 days each week. Car performed very well in all types of weather including snow and ice. I had winter tires on it. It would do 30-31 mpg at 75 mph all day long. Very quick and good handling, never boring to drive. It is possibly the best all around car I have ever owned. I would buy another with no hesitation if I could find a nice one. One shows up on eBay from time to time. I keep watching.

The high performance DOHC 4 cylinder was great. No mechanical problems ever. Worst that happened was I wore out two timing belts at about 45,000 miles on each. No engine damage, just a one day fix. Dodge really built a great one that year. Mine was white, production was 400 +/-. MPG readout great

An extra turbo boost guage was an option. I bought it but did not get it installed. A sunroof would have been nice, don't think it was offered.

Fastest K-car from the factory!
By joffficer

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T R/T Turbo 4dr Sedan

I bought this car a few months for fun, and as a work car. I'm amazed at how much power Dodge got out of the 2.2L engine! It surprises everyone who rides in it, and all those left behind! The seats are pretty comfortable, and there is plenty of room. If you get a chance, and can find one (only 1200 built) grap it... it's a great sedan for well under $2000!

POWER that keeps coming up to 6500 rpm's!! Infinity stereo, front seats, 5spd. Wolf in Sheep's clothing!

I haven't had the problem, but make sure the head is in good shape! I wish dodge put a better-than-stock stearing wheel in.... looks a little to stock for me!