1990 Dodge Spirit Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Spirit model:
Best first car
By Owen on 10/06/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Dodge Spirit Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned the car for a while now and it has been great to me. when you have a light foot, you can get 25 mpg in the city and over 35 mpg on the highway. the 2.5 is a great little motor. only have a 3 speed auto. ac still works and blows 50 degree air into the car. it also has a great ride to it. it irons out a lot of the bumps on the road. i am 6 foot 1 and i can fit any where and be comfortable, even with the front seats as far back as possible and sitting in the back. the big trunk in it is also great to have because i always carry around my tools and i still have a lot of space to fit a kart full of groceries in it at the same time.

Underrated
By kkent on 03/07/07 12:44 PM (PST)

1990 Dodge Spirit Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

This is the best all around used car for the money. I'm getting great mileage and it has a surprisingly comfortable ride. Also found parts are cheap and easy to find

My favorite car
By steve on 04/30/06 18:32 PM (PDT)

1990 Dodge Spirit Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

This is a very reliable car. It feels as though it knows exactly what I want. This car has gone over 300 miles a week at times with no problems. Handles very well in snow condition

dodge spirit
By chris L on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Dodge Spirit Sedan LE 4dr Sedan

I reslly liked the car. It was slow but it has a very nice ride.

1990 Dodge Spirit ES
By robertd25 on 12/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Dodge Spirit Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

I too purchased this car new. Back in 1990 there wasn't much to choose from for that price with a 6 cylinder. It was well taken care of & garaged but had too many problems. The engine was pulled to replace a freeze plug, transmission was weak from day one, ignition tumbler broke (had to be towed) the battery imploded (towed again), head gasket went, high beams failed, radio worked intermittently, heater stop working, finally the main seal and cam seal went at the same time. The body is still perfect and it has the original exhaust system. This car has 121000 miles.

Very Nice
By ThespianDave on 06/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Dodge Spirit Sedan 4dr Sedan

This was my first car that I bought a little less than a year ago and I have not had any problems at all. When I bought it, it only had 55,000 miles. The A/C is awesome and the only maintainence I have needed has been a normal oil change.

dodge spirit - underrated
By eixom66 on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Dodge Spirit Sedan ES 4dr Sedan

this car isn't beautiful, but does everything well and the five-speed works just fine. A dream to drive on the highway. And a helluva bargain.

Great
By Ghost on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Dodge Spirit Sedan ES Turbo 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 1989 Spirit "Turbo" with 24 miles on it. The first 110,000 miles the car was "God Sent". Little to no problems at all. I ran her good and kept my maintance up on her. At 110K her transmission went, 115K head gasket went and at 120k second head gasket was needed so I sold her. Everthing still worked in her. I brought her new, loaded and kept her for 8 years. I was sorry to see her go.

Bought it new
By beb on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Dodge Spirit Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in 1990 and have always loved it. Minor rust on doors. Original engine and transmission. I've always tried to keep the car maintained and it has always done the job. The only disappointment was the radio, which had to be replaced after 5 years.

a car that gets you there
By Alfredo on 08/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

an all around good car