1994 Dodge Shadow Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Shadow model:
Owned 2 so far.
By Shaner on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Shadow Hatchback 4dr Hatchback

I have owned 2 of these (actually 1 Shadow and 1 Duster). My wife's Shadow has been one of the best car's I've owned. It has been a good, reliable car. It has 150,000 miles, the last 20k have been all short trips. It is still running great. Only major repair was the head gasket (which I'm told is normal at 140k), other stuff has been general maintenance (brakes, battery, etc). My '94 Duster had some problems, but I bought that w/ 100k on it. Who knows who had it before??? I think it only goes to show that if you take care of car, it'll last.

Dodge Shadow
By Holly Fries on 03/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Shadow Hatchback 4dr Hatchback

Overall, my car has been good, no major problems.

Turd Mobile
By SteveTheBluesman on 12/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Shadow Hatchback 4dr Hatchback

I own this car via marriage...my wife's car, I maintain it and deal with it's probelms, which have been few. The car does burn oil, creaks like an old man, is slow as molassas running uphill in January, has horrid build quality but at 71000 miles, the car starts every day.

Rock Solid Car
By Herschel Ashgaard on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Shadow Hatchback 4dr Hatchback

3 Accidents couldnt kill it!!! It's still going strong!!! I've got just over 180K on it and really have only had to replace the clutch plate and of course the O2 sensor, but what the hey when it's such a great car! I'm going to drive it as long as I possibly can! Very low maintanance!

Still running good
By HewJ on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Shadow Hatchback 4dr Hatchback

I've had this car for 3 yrs now. this car has been very reliable to me. i plan on keeping it as a "beater" car when i buy a new car. i have put on about 60k miles since i got it...it now has 205k miles. I can still hit 100mph !!! Since i've had the car, i've replaced the headgasket, water pump, and tires (about $1000) Not to bad for 3 years. I would recommend this car to anyone with low budget car maintainence.

Awesome Car
By kyouto on 07/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Shadow Hatchback 4dr Hatchback

Fun, power, reliable, economic... everything and more. Has enough power to be fun, handels Extremely well, little maintance, and at 109k miles... the only problem was the a/c went out, due to incompentant service that the previous owner had taken too...

A good little car
By familycarman on 03/01/02 01:30 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Shadow Hatchback 4dr Hatchback

I am the 2nd owner on the car, it had been a rental car for a year prior. We have put over 80,000 miles ourselves on the car. Used as primary family car from 20,000 miles to 98,000 miles, now my commutter car. No major complaints-- although regular maintenance is getting quite expensive-- I spend about $1000 about every 18 months in the last few years at the dealership making sure it is in top-quality condition.