Used 1994 Dodge Shadow Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Dodge Shadow - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Shadow model:

Still the Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned!
By bladeedge12

1994 Dodge Shadow ES 2dr Hatchback

My 1994 Dodge Shadow ES was my second car, but the first one I bought myself. It is still the best vehicle I have owned and I'm only on my 7th vehicle! I regret the day I traded it in, but I got a 1999 Chrysler Concorde for it. I miss my Shadow. Should've kept it and restored it.

Everything

For Dodge to bring it back!

190K miles and still going!
By Chris

1994 Dodge Shadow 2dr Hatchback

It was not my first choice but it turned out to be the best car i ever owned! The Shadow loves to be driven both long and short trips.

Gas mileage for starters-31 hwy, 25 around town ( South Florida ). Great handling The Hatch

A little cramped in the rear Trunk hinges were inferior

My first car....and best car
By slowfastshadow

1994 Dodge Shadow ES 2dr Hatchback

this is my first car and it was the clanest old car i have ever seen. i put a straight pipe on mine, and window tint with a custom spoiler. this car is just a project, i drive it everywhere but i am going to keep dressing it up. my engine is a v6 so it has some balls. it has a new transmission putt in before i got it with only 69,000 miles on it.

My favorite feature is that it is loud with a straight pipe and has balls for being a V6. FUN CAR

the only improvment i can think of is to make more of them standard.

Best car ever
By Andy

1994 Dodge Shadow 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 94 Shadow in November of 94 with 12,000 miles on it. The following fall it drove 100 miles (round trip) per day to college 5 days a week. It was in a rollover accident in winter of 96. Rolled it back onto the wheels and drove it into body shop. Continued to drive until 2000 when it was sold to my brother for college and had not needed one repair in its 125,000 mile life. Was sold back to me in 2002 for a daily driver work car at which time I drove it up to 200,000 miles replacing only hoses at 185,000 miles. Still didn't use 1 drop of oil between changes. It was only retired due to a severe accident that tore the engine off the motor mounts. The engine still ran after.

32 to 34 MPG with 5-speed transmission.

In sweet love
By raelee07

1994 Dodge Shadow 2dr Hatchback

So, I have had my Shadow for almost four years. And I am super super impressed. It has on it 225,904 miles on it and I am keeping it climbing. I do a lot of traveling. My transmission does not slip a bit and the only big repair I have had to do was the radiator. I tell you no lies. I have had probaby 5 people in the last year offer me at least a grand for it but you know what? Not going anywhere. If and when it does die I want to be the one driving it. If you've got one of these cars, be smart and keep that bad boy. Long live the shadow.

Speed. Oh and I also love that for some reason it almost buzzes when I drive it.

My bumper could have been a little stronger