1994 Dodge Shadow - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Shadow model:
Still the Best Vehicle I Have Ever Owned!
By bladeedge12 on 08/27/12 01:53 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Shadow ES 2dr Hatchback

My 1994 Dodge Shadow ES was my second car, but the first one I bought myself. It is still the best vehicle I have owned and I'm only on my 7th vehicle! I regret the day I traded it in, but I got a 1999 Chrysler Concorde for it. I miss my Shadow. Should've kept it and restored it.

190K miles and still going!
By Chris on 02/26/10 19:56 PM (PST)

1994 Dodge Shadow 2dr Hatchback

It was not my first choice but it turned out to be the best car i ever owned! The Shadow loves to be driven both long and short trips.

My first car....and best car
By slowfastshadow on 11/12/09 07:15 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Shadow ES 2dr Hatchback

this is my first car and it was the clanest old car i have ever seen. i put a straight pipe on mine, and window tint with a custom spoiler. this car is just a project, i drive it everywhere but i am going to keep dressing it up. my engine is a v6 so it has some balls. it has a new transmission putt in before i got it with only 69,000 miles on it.

Best car ever
By Andy on 09/09/09 10:04 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Shadow 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 94 Shadow in November of 94 with 12,000 miles on it. The following fall it drove 100 miles (round trip) per day to college 5 days a week. It was in a rollover accident in winter of 96. Rolled it back onto the wheels and drove it into body shop. Continued to drive until 2000 when it was sold to my brother for college and had not needed one repair in its 125,000 mile life. Was sold back to me in 2002 for a daily driver work car at which time I drove it up to 200,000 miles replacing only hoses at 185,000 miles. Still didn't use 1 drop of oil between changes. It was only retired due to a severe accident that tore the engine off the motor mounts. The engine still ran after.

In sweet love
By raelee07 on 01/20/09 08:54 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Shadow 2dr Hatchback

So, I have had my Shadow for almost four years. And I am super super impressed. It has on it 225,904 miles on it and I am keeping it climbing. I do a lot of traveling. My transmission does not slip a bit and the only big repair I have had to do was the radiator. I tell you no lies. I have had probaby 5 people in the last year offer me at least a grand for it but you know what? Not going anywhere. If and when it does die I want to be the one driving it. If you've got one of these cars, be smart and keep that bad boy. Long live the shadow.

Great Car
By Jerry on 12/28/08 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Dodge Shadow ES 2dr Hatchback

Purchased new in 12/93 for my trip cross coutry. The 3.0 V6 was impressive stock, but with a couple minor changes (cold air intake, high flow cat & muffler, larger tires & wheels) it would keep up with Mustangs and Camaros of that year. Ran a 14.0 qtr mile at Maple Grove. As a soldier in the US Army I travelled and the Shadow took me everywhere from Louisiana to Alaska. Over 30K / year for the first 4 years with no problems. Went through lots of tires, but that was my heavy foot, not the car.

Race
By moparman on 06/12/08 13:30 PM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Shadow ES 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car already torn down, i am using this car to race at a circle track. The car is completely stock no improvements. It is very fast (won the first and only race so far) I race against people who put 2 grand into the car with performance stuff i bought the car for $450 and have put about $250 into it but that is expected with a race car. Only thing I've had to replace was rack and pinion and a starter(plugs and wires)

Best car I ever owned
By wirth85 on 03/09/07 13:23 PM (PST)

1994 Dodge Shadow ES 4dr Hatchback

This is the most reliable and fun car I ever driven. It is always reliabe in the winter and handles very well. No engine problems yet and I don't expect any.

Long term relationship
By shiba on 04/27/06 10:46 AM (PDT)

1994 Dodge Shadow 2dr Hatchback

Used as dolly vehicle, and everyday car shopping, church etc. Takes curves well mileage to 30 MPG. No problems, stick shift.

My Shadow Caries Me.
By Carl French on 03/29/06 18:25 PM (PST)

1994 Dodge Shadow ES 2dr Hatchback

I have enjoyed my Shadow and have found it to be very reliable and economical. I travel a lot of highway miles and it has never let me down when I needed it. It even survived a break enter and theft by a young car thief.