Used 1993 Dodge Shadow ES Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Dodge Shadow - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Shadow model:

Average vehicle, good bang for buck
By lrhs54

1993 Dodge Shadow ES 4dr Hatchback

Bought this shadow brand new. It has always been a suprisingly fast car. It was driven pretty hard, lost the tranny at 105k, alternator and distributor cap @ 80k. But it was in a serious wreck at 68000, and it never seemed to run like it did after being rebuilt. Now has 125k and oil is creeping in to the plugs, making for it to mix and misfire. I still drive it every day, and if you put your foot down it still moves pretty good. But the gas mileage has lowered to about 15-17mpg. Decent car for the money. Love American vehicles and believe in them despite this average score from the Shadow.

Powerful 3.0 V6, very nimble, great vehicle for rain or snow (heavy front end), satisfactory interior space.

Questionable reliability of aluminum head, boring interior design, poor adhesive on ceiling cloth.

THE LITTLE TROOPER
By BLOND085

1993 Dodge Shadow ES 4dr Hatchback

I bought my Dodge Shadow ES with just over 100,000 miles on it. I was expecting the transmition to blow (since it is a dodge and on its original tranny) but at 135,000 miles she's still shifting smooth. It has a 3.0 V6 Mitsubishi motor under the hood and packs quite a bit of power. She is amazingly quick, even with no mods. A couple small problems have arose due to her age and mileage, such as a leaky trunk and a sticky door. I've had to replace the motor mounts and the belt tightener.This car is absolutly great, it's quick, reliable, and comfortable with surprising room.

I love the engine, they don't make many cars like this anymore, plus it still gets 22 mpg. The I love the moonroof and the powerful heater (great for the cold wisco winters).

Working air conditioning is hard to come by nowadays, also the belt has a habit of going about every 20,000 miles creating a evil squealing noise that requires a $50 repair

never left on side of road
By mamasplat

1993 Dodge Shadow ES 4dr Hatchback

I bought this car used off of my mother, and she bought it new off the lot. This car as been so reliable, we have used it to go far distances from our home, and it has never left on the side of the road. And we have 150,000 on it, and it is still going strong. The engine makes a few noises (belt I think) and I think it needs a new head gasket. But for it lasting 10 years, and never had a major problem, I like the car, I would definetly by another one if they were still around.

I liked the get up and go of the car, enough to feel sporty, but not enough to kill us.

Paint on roof and hood is pealing, needs a new head gasket, and probably a new belt. had to buy a water pump at 130,000 miles. Engine makes a noise but that might just be the head gasket.