1993 Dodge Shadow - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Shadow model:
Average vehicle, good bang for buck
By lrhs54 on 09/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Shadow ES 4dr Hatchback

Bought this shadow brand new. It has always been a suprisingly fast car. It was driven pretty hard, lost the tranny at 105k, alternator and distributor cap @ 80k. But it was in a serious wreck at 68000, and it never seemed to run like it did after being rebuilt. Now has 125k and oil is creeping in to the plugs, making for it to mix and misfire. I still drive it every day, and if you put your foot down it still moves pretty good. But the gas mileage has lowered to about 15-17mpg. Decent car for the money. Love American vehicles and believe in them despite this average score from the Shadow.

THE LITTLE TROOPER
By BLOND085 on 05/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Dodge Shadow ES 4dr Hatchback

I bought my Dodge Shadow ES with just over 100,000 miles on it. I was expecting the transmition to blow (since it is a dodge and on its original tranny) but at 135,000 miles she's still shifting smooth. It has a 3.0 V6 Mitsubishi motor under the hood and packs quite a bit of power. She is amazingly quick, even with no mods. A couple small problems have arose due to her age and mileage, such as a leaky trunk and a sticky door. I've had to replace the motor mounts and the belt tightener.This car is absolutly great, it's quick, reliable, and comfortable with surprising room.

never left on side of road
By mamasplat on 02/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Dodge Shadow ES 4dr Hatchback

I bought this car used off of my mother, and she bought it new off the lot. This car as been so reliable, we have used it to go far distances from our home, and it has never left on the side of the road. And we have 150,000 on it, and it is still going strong. The engine makes a few noises (belt I think) and I think it needs a new head gasket. But for it lasting 10 years, and never had a major problem, I like the car, I would definetly by another one if they were still around.