Used 1992 Dodge Shadow America Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Dodge Shadow Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Shadow model:

Best used car I have ever bought
By Spendaddy

1992 Dodge Shadow Hatchback America 2dr Hatchback

Bought this car in Vegas with 85,000 miles in Jan of 2004. Drove 2700 miles in 3 days to Florida and not one problem. Car has 102,000 and I can't beleive that every option still works! Just change oil and repack bearings regularly and you will be fine. Paint is not the best, but who cares it's 14 years old!! Best used car I ever bought for $1000!

The handling is my favorite feature. Steering is as straight as an arrow!

None

MY RELIABLE SHADOW
By SHORTY

1992 Dodge Shadow Hatchback America 2dr Hatchback

MY SHADOW HAS BEEN WITH ME FOR 12 YEARS , AND IT HAS HELD UP PRETTY GOOD...IT IS A 5 SPEED MANUAL TRANSMISSION, EASY SHIFTING...HAVE HAD NO MAJOR PROBLEMS WITH IT...STILL HAS QUITE A BIT OF ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT...HOWEVER, I PRIDE MYSELF IN THE FACT I HAVE TAKEN CARE OF IT...IT HAS ALLMOST 112,000 MILES ON ITS 4 CYLINDER ENGINE...THE FIRST FEW YEARS, I DROVE QUITE A BIT ON INTERSTATE H IGHWAYS AND THE MILEAGE WAS OK, IF YOU DIDN'T FLUCTUATE YOUR SPEED UP AND DOWN...I WISH IT HAD BEEN A DIFFERENT COLOR, AND INCLUDED A SPOILER...HOWEVER, AT THE TIME, IT WAS IN MY PRICE RANGE...THE 2.5 ENGINE, HAS NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS...I WOULD BUY ONE AGAIN, IF I COULD!

EVERYTHING IS MANUAL, WHICH I LIKE... MY FAVORITE IS THE MANUAL TRANSMISSION, THE EXCELLENT SPEAKERS AND THE CONVENIENCE OF THE INSIDE LAYOUT.....

NO SUGGESTIONS