1992 Dodge Shadow - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Shadow model:
Good Small Car
By Glenn on 08/04/10 07:24 AM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Shadow Highline 4dr Hatchback

I had one of these I bought new in 1990 and put 100,000 trouble free miles on it. I bought a new one in 1992 for my mother-in-law and she drove it until she passed away. She loved it and it has sat the last few years as we just could not sell it. I started driving it again recently and it runs like the day we bought it. These were good cars for the money, this car has 77,000 miles on it without a single problem.

Good Little Car
By materialman on 10/29/08 11:05 AM (PDT)

1992 Dodge Shadow Highline 4dr Hatchback

We bought this car with 8000 miles on it in 1993 for my Mother-in-Law. She loved it and would not have traded it for a new Mercedes. She has passed away now and the car is in mint condition with 77,000 miles on it. We have never had a minutes trouble from it and it will never be sold.

Don't buy this car
By braklvr on 03/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Dodge Shadow Highline 4dr Hatchback

I bought the car in August/2002. Three weeks into my purchase, the head gasket broke. Two months and $800 later, the cam shaft broke. $300 later, it broke again. I have a good mechanic who didn't charge me the 2nd time but he said it will break again because the engine isn't holding the cam shaft in place right.