1991 Dodge Shadow Consumer Review: Fun Car with Speed & Reliabili

1991 Dodge Shadow - Consumer Review

Fun Car with Speed & Reliability
By Jackbird60 on

1991 Dodge Shadow ES Turbo 2dr Convertible

This is my second 1991 ES Convt Turbo. I can't tell you how thrilled I was to find another. Very, very hard to find. This one had only 80K (Carfax certified) The Paint was very good except the trunk area. Not one ding on the car. The top is in VGC and the interior looks great. The car runs and drives excellent and everything works except A/C which was converted to 134a & just needs a compressor. Driving impression: The Turbo really sends this car flying and yet the engine at normal operating speeds is quite quiet & smooth, even at a stop light. This is the best car experience for $2,000 you can get. VG Reliability. It will blow the doors of any 90's Miata, etc.

The Turbo/ The Wheels, The ES suspension. Love the fact it's a manual Convt. Less to fix. Comfortable Interior.

Well, they don't make them anymore, but a better remanufactured Power window motor would be nice.
By aaronross
on 03/07/11 18:05 PM (PST)

i have a 1991 dodge shadow es convertable turbo. awesome car, its my first and im 15. needed a motor when i got it, spun rod bearing. all together, i have $1500 in it. it has 68,000 on it. needs a trunk lid, and a hood. these cars dont rot out on the wheel wells, so im happy. mines an auto, i know/: but its a first car. lovely car, couldnt ask for more but could have done better with the ac, mine isnt cold and ive recharged the system twice(my dads a honda tech). great little car, it wants to get the [violative content deleted] and go.