1991 Dodge Shadow Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Shadow model:
Wrok horse
By unclmick on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Shadow Hatchback America 4dr Hatchback

Like most dodges, the engine was great, but the body was crap. It started to fall apart as soon as I got it. Clear coat coming off, liners coming down. BUT, the engine ran and ran. It saved us so much money to drive it into the ground. Hard city driving and long family visit roadtrips. Overall I definitely got my money out of it.

91 Dodge Shadow
By Nebrfan on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Dodge Shadow Hatchback ES Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I bought the car with 46K and now it's at 110k. It's traveled from Seattle to Wisconsin and now to Florida to live. This car has been a great companion. I've used it for my paper route as well as personal use and all my kids learned to drive in it. I've had to replace the radiator, brakes (2 times) and have the a/c fixed and of course new tires. But its been a great car.

Very Poor
By PaulOhio on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Shadow Hatchback America 2dr Hatchback

The transmission leaked from the moment I got this car. The doors are poorly designed so that you can hear too much wind noise ans the seals around the doors slide so water leaks in. I got the car with only 56,000 miles on it but it was terrible from day 1. Stay away from this car. The hatchback wouldn't even stay up because the hydrolic arms were cheap.

Fun to Drive
By Dan Washington on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Shadow Hatchback America 2dr Hatchback

At 150K, this car runs like a Tiger! The 2.2 litter four-cylinder engine averages 25-city/30-highway mileage per gallon. The two misgiving on this vehicle are the air-conditioning and 0to 40 miles takeoff speed. The air- condition compressor and high-pressure side hoses need major design improvement.

Best car for family
By Stone on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Shadow Hatchback America 4dr Hatchback

My 91 shadow american is the best car for a family. Its not made to 'get up and go' like a sports car but a family thats looking for a reliable car that goes and goes, this is it. The only thing replaced in this car was the fuel pump. Everything else has been perfect. My car doesnt have power windows, cruise and all that. What it does have is quality and dependablity. Thats what makes it a great car. Two car seats in back fit fine. The kids enjoy riding in our car.