1991 Dodge Shadow - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Shadow model:
Great car, lots of power, lots of fun
By bob on 12/07/08 09:39 AM (PST)

1991 Dodge Shadow ES Turbo 2dr Convertible

This is a 2.5 turbo automatic convertible. It takes turns like it's on rails. It has power off the line and on the highway. It really handle well, and idle smoothly. These 2.5 liter engines are just about bulletproof. Automatic shifting is smooth. Just love the car. Seats are real comfortable. Just a great car and cheap to maintain. The most fun you can have driving and very dependable.

Fun Car with Speed & Reliability
By Jackbird60 on 08/07/08 07:22 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Shadow ES Turbo 2dr Convertible

This is my second 1991 ES Convt Turbo. I can't tell you how thrilled I was to find another. Very, very hard to find. This one had only 80K (Carfax certified) The Paint was very good except the trunk area. Not one ding on the car. The top is in VGC and the interior looks great. The car runs and drives excellent and everything works except A/C which was converted to 134a & just needs a compressor. Driving impression: The Turbo really sends this car flying and yet the engine at normal operating speeds is quite quiet & smooth, even at a stop light. This is the best car experience for $2,000 you can get. VG Reliability. It will blow the doors of any 90's Miata, etc.

Wrok horse
By unclmick on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Shadow America 4dr Hatchback

Like most dodges, the engine was great, but the body was crap. It started to fall apart as soon as I got it. Clear coat coming off, liners coming down. BUT, the engine ran and ran. It saved us so much money to drive it into the ground. Hard city driving and long family visit roadtrips. Overall I definitely got my money out of it.

91 Dodge Shadow
By Nebrfan on 12/12/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Dodge Shadow ES Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I bought the car with 46K and now it's at 110k. It's traveled from Seattle to Wisconsin and now to Florida to live. This car has been a great companion. I've used it for my paper route as well as personal use and all my kids learned to drive in it. I've had to replace the radiator, brakes (2 times) and have the a/c fixed and of course new tires. But its been a great car.

none
By franky on 09/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Shadow ES Turbo 2dr Convertible

I love this little car. It's roomy enough for me, great car!

Sport Convertible
By wheelnut on 08/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Shadow Highline 2dr Convertible

I love my Shadbow convertible, although it's old.

Very Poor
By PaulOhio on 07/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Shadow America 2dr Hatchback

The transmission leaked from the moment I got this car. The doors are poorly designed so that you can hear too much wind noise ans the seals around the doors slide so water leaks in. I got the car with only 56,000 miles on it but it was terrible from day 1. Stay away from this car. The hatchback wouldn't even stay up because the hydrolic arms were cheap.

Fun to Drive
By Dan Washington on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Shadow America 2dr Hatchback

At 150K, this car runs like a Tiger! The 2.2 litter four-cylinder engine averages 25-city/30-highway mileage per gallon. The two misgiving on this vehicle are the air-conditioning and 0to 40 miles takeoff speed. The air- condition compressor and high-pressure side hoses need major design improvement.

Best car for family
By Stone on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Shadow America 4dr Hatchback

My 91 shadow american is the best car for a family. Its not made to 'get up and go' like a sports car but a family thats looking for a reliable car that goes and goes, this is it. The only thing replaced in this car was the fuel pump. Everything else has been perfect. My car doesnt have power windows, cruise and all that. What it does have is quality and dependablity. Thats what makes it a great car. Two car seats in back fit fine. The kids enjoy riding in our car.

Love it!
By Shadowgrl on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Shadow ES 2dr Convertible

I really love my Shadow... as a teen age girl its the best thing sence sliced bread. IT runs well and the convertable top it great!