1991 Dodge Ramcharger 150 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Dodge Ramcharger - Consumer Reviews

1991 Ramcharger Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ramcharger model:

Sort Reviews by

Not for sale!
By jerry case

1991 Dodge Ramcharger SUV 150 LE 2dr SUV

I was looking to buy a Bronco i Jun of '91.My 12 year old saw The Ramchargers as we passed by and said "let's buy one of those".I stopped to look but I still wanted a Bronco...My son talked me into The Ramcharger that I have enjoyed driving now for 18 years.The odometer stopped in 1999 and it shows 200,000 mi.I know it has more than 400,000 actual miles with NO major problems,only maintenence.I've had several vehichles during that time and own a Tahoe now but I like my Ramcharger better han all of them.I love it as much as the day my son {who is 31} picked it out.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the driving of it.No vehichle I've ever owned drives and steers so easily and the drivers side seat is so comfortable that miles juse slide by.I had til this year the original radio but it had to be replaced.The durablity plus the dependabilty are the 'keythings'.

Suggested Improvements

I've had a problem with the rear hatch leaking and sagging ever since it was brandnew.I've replaced the hinges by drilling holes through the top anf lifted the door about 1/3 inch.That helped.It amazes me why Dodge doesn't build more.I'd buy one or probably two.

1991 Ram Charger canyon sport
By hemi_powered5924

1991 Dodge Ramcharger SUV 150 S 2dr SUV 4WD

I wanted the truck because my grandfather had to and I used his 1990 and loved it. So I was drving to the store and saw the one I now own on the side of the road. Called the guy the next day and the next week. Only problem I have with this is the guy I got it from put a spray in bed liner on the rocker panels and now they're rusted out. I got new ones for under 500 bucks. For the 5 years I have owned it I have not had any major problem besides needing new ball joints, water pump, heating core and a radiator. I love this truck and I'm going to restore it.

Favorite Features

The things I love about the truck are the ride and the what I can do with it offroad. It is a blast!

Red Ramcharger
By ryan

1991 Dodge Ramcharger SUV 150 LE 2dr SUV

I've had my RC for only a short time but boy is it great fun. Aesthetically pleasing, great response on the throttle. Can be wishy washy on the highway but stays real square. She eats my lunch on fuel economy but is worth the miles. My rear hatch is a pain to get open and shut and have talked to other owners who have the same issue, various year models. The stock 318 4 speed automatic runs like a charm. It can be a pain to install new door speakers. A little loud in the cab on the highway.

Favorite Features

Good power, easy to drive, hasn't got me stuck yet. Very percussive for loud stereos.

Suggested Improvements

Better fuel economy but what can you expect from a large SUV. I travel a lot.

Solid & reliable
By Joe

1991 Dodge Ramcharger SUV 150 LE 2dr SUV 4WD

This is a solid, reliable truck! I bought it used in '02. The only work I've had to do other than normal maintenance was replace the radiator, waterpump, ball joints and a tie rod end, and they were still the originals that came with the truck! Rides like a short wheel base truck with leaf's on all 4 corners, but seats are very comfortable. It's just this year starting to get some rust on the rockers. Note:always check above the windshield on these, they can tend to rust there, mine hasn't yet. The 360 FI engine run's like a bull, good 3-speed auto. tranny, excellent 4-wheel drive.I've never gotten stuck anywhere.Swallows ton's of cargo. I get anywhere from 13 to 16 mpg.

Favorite Features

Solid truck. No rattles or shakes. Good power, mechanicals, and reliability. Comfortable seats. Folding rear seat and cargo capacity

Suggested Improvements

Wish they still made them and added a 4 door model!

'91 Pamcharger
By H.E. Gilbert

1991 Dodge Ramcharger SUV 150 LE 2dr SUV 4WD

Had it for the last 5 years, and it was purchased used. Overqall rating: I would buy another one fi it was available.

Favorite Features

Performance great, especially when towing a 7000# boat. Few problems with drivetrain. Handling great for a SUV meant to work hard. ride quality better than other makes of that time. Interior very good and comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

The brake system requires very heavy pedal pressure to stop, and the rear brakes don't seem to do their job. Fiel economy poor 10 city, 14 hwy, 7 hwy towing.

91 Dodge LE
By Jack McDermid

1991 Dodge Ramcharger SUV 150 LE 2dr SUV

I like the size, road ability, view from front seat, and fuel consumption. I have replaced the brake pads, radiator,battery,and starter with re- built parts. It has been garage kept since purched.

Favorite Features

Comfort, handling, and fuel consumption.

Suggested Improvements

None. I wish they would make them again.