Used 1996 Dodge Ram Wagon 3500 Maxi Van Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Wagon model:

Big Blue Van never dies!
By duckboy

1996 Dodge Ram Wagon Van 3500 Maxi 3dr Ext Van

I admit it. I own a big blue van. The big, 15-pass airport shuttle bus van. I bought it because I race motorcycles all over the country and I don't like towing a trailer. I can fit two bikes, all of my gear, my significant other, and still have room to crawl in the back seat and take a nap. Very noisy, interior trim is very cheesy, and I've broken a lot of plastic pieces. However, the drivetrain seems bullet proof. I almost ran it out of oil once and I just refilled it with no consequences. Has a lot of highway power, but oviously slow off the line, seeing how it's nearly 6,000 lb. dry.

Favorite Features

It will carry almost anything dry and secure. The view is great sitting up high, and the motor has proven to be stong and reliable. The front seat are really pretty comfortable with lots of bolstering - you need it with the body roll this thing has!

Suggested Improvements

This van has not really changed since the '70's, and it rides like it. Lots of road noise, lots of wind noise. You have to continuously turn the stereo volume up and down to match your speed. The paint on the roof will go bad - you can't reach it to wash it.