Used 1999 Dodge Ram Van Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Ram Van model:

I bought it used
By jetzt1

1999 Dodge Ram Van 1500 3dr Van

Bought this baby used with 58,000 on it with no indication it had ever been worked on for major problems. Drove it from CA to MO twice and got between 13 and 17 mpg from the 318cc engine. Have replaced water pump, front wheel bearings, and spark plugs in the 20,000 miles I put on it. I have one concern with a noise from the tranny on backing up. This noise started after the van was frozen shut for several days during the ice storm in Springfield and the -5 degrees temps. This is the most comfortable ride I have ever owned although my Cadillac Biarritz was a close second.

Favorite Features

Factory stereo is awesome. Captains chairs and fold down back seat make travel a snap.

Suggested Improvements

Back doors don't open far enough and the spare tire is a little tricky to get to. Turning radius is surprisingly bad...u turns often take a second try to clear..

Occasional user
By Camper

1999 Dodge Ram Van 1500 3dr Van

Good hauling capacity, got the 6 way adjustible seats which are the cat's pajamas, used mostly n the summer, fishtails on the slightest ice. Smooth riding for such a big vehicle. Would have liked the 3500 if I knew about the lower cargo capacity

Favorite Features

Cruize, windshield washer squirters,

Suggested Improvements

Better interior lighting, access to engine, quick release for rear doors so a 4 foot wide plywood can fit in without unscrewing the door hinges

Customized Dodge Ram Van 1500
By mikelebay

1999 Dodge Ram Van 1500 3dr Van

Extended roof with T.V. and Video Player; Plush Captains Chairs (4); Mood lighting; fold down rear bench; However, chairs don't rotate :( Plenty of hauling room and comfort for passengers and 'CAPTAIN'.

Favorite Features

Visability; larger than most other vehicals on the road; cruises nicely on long distance trips

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy; buy the diesel.

Dodge Van? never again!
By dditaranto

1999 Dodge Ram Van 3500 Maxi 3dr Ext Van

I bought this 1999 Dodge 3500 extended cargo van brand new. This was after owning three other dodge vans, which I was very happy with. The older vans were built much stronger and lasted much longer between repairs. This van has cost me more time and money than it's worth. After just two years I had to sink over $1,700. for the front end to be rebuilt, The rotors were replaced twice at the cost of over$700., the fuel pump was also replaced, the oxygen sensors were replaced(by myself) for a cost of $179.00 for two,the sensor in the rear that controls the speedometer was replaced, etc.Today I was told that the heads need replacing, the fuel pump, the fuel jets,$3,600!!!.. Dodge? NEVER AGAIN!!!

Favorite Features

The only things I like about this van are the MP3 player that I put in myself and the design of the exterior is nice, but because they moved the driver seat foward the wind blows directly in your ear with the window open. DODGE? NEVER AGAIN!!

Suggested Improvements

First and most important, MAKE THIS VEHICLE MORE RELIABLE. It's amazing to me that they can charge ridiculous prices for these vehicles, but the van was not built to last, maybe Dodge figures that once we buy it, it's cheaper to fix it, so they make their vehicles like toys.DODGE? NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!