1997 Dodge Ram Van Consumer Review: Clifford, The Big Red Dodge

1997 Dodge Ram Van - Consumer Review

Clifford, The Big Red Dodge
By Mike on

1997 Dodge Ram Van 1500 3dr Ext Van

To set the record straight I bought my 1997 Dodge B1500 from a private party for $300 when the vehicle is worth $2500. It is a conversion van made by Primetime and I fell in love with it as soon as I drove it, though it stalled from a dry gas tank and the serpentine belt snapped, I felt like I had to have it. It is reliable for it has a small block v-8 and my father and I were shocked to see it still running strong with the work it needed and how bad the oil in it was. I.E. in severe need of a tune up and brakes. It still needs a bit of work but it preforms great! Gas economy is good too: 17-21, no lie! It is my first car and I love it greatly!

Because it is a conversion I must say the seats and its engine. You should see the look of the guys on the freeway, in their sports cars and they're passed by a full sized van. It has great take off too!

Leg room for the passenger and the mirrors. This is pre-1998 so the mirrors have a common problem of an O- Ring disintegrating and causing the mirrors to come loose and move at free will. Also, the dash is like being teleported to 1971, it's all flat.