Used 2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 3500 model:

Think twice before buying
By Kevin

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab 4WD SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I have owned this truck for about 4 weeks now and have only put 600 miles on it partly because it was in the shop for a few days already. Initial quality is poor. Stitching on the drivers side leather seat was coming undone, plastic rear fender flairs were separating from the fenders (adhesive let go),I went around the whole truck and found some of the screws were loose. These items are minor but it makes you wonder about everything. Everyone I asked told me "don't buy a dodge it fall apart". I guess I should have listened. I just hope the wheels don't fall off! I also hope the fuel mileage gets better - averaging 12 mpg right now.

This is a great looking truck with an awesome interior. If you didn't just climb into it you wouldn't know you are in a one ton truck. Sound system is great as well!

At this point all I can say is better quality! As I believe others have said the head lights could be brighter and they need to find a better way to attach the fender flair guards.

Very Happy
By dieselhuffer

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 ST 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

First Dodge I have owned. Had 02 Dura max crew. Full banks Six gun System. Got WAY better mileage I'm getting 12.8 in town. Only 800 miles, hoping things will loosen up. GMC got 16 all day long 18 on hwy. Very happy with Dodge truck looks and drives like a dream. Ride quality is WAY better then GMC, NO contest. Fit and finish are WAY better then GMC. I am comparing a 02 to a 10. Will do some modifications to help fuel economy, only complaint.

Looks and ride quality

Fuel economy

Best Ram Ever!
By Ken

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Mega Cab SB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I've owned many Dodges but they finally got it right. This sweet machine has become the family hack. My wife fights me for it just to drive to the store. The interior is close to airtight, needing a slightly lowered window to keep from slamming the door. It's so quiet the only noise is a rear seat belt latch hitting the molding behind it. We fixed that with a piece of foamed fabric glued at the rattle point. We live in the mountains of Southern Oregon and she pulls the 4500 foot summit in cruise control (6th gear) without a downshift. Now, if I can only figure a way to keep it from my wife.

Radio. Think it has 33 gigs of memory. Plays everything, guides me to my destination and even calls home

Stop that silly rattle behind seat belt latches.

By Smith

2010 Dodge Ram Pickup 3500 Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.7L 6cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Love the truck looks good and drives well. Great for pulling 5th wheel. Does not get good gas mileage. Very poor to the 2005 we had before. If we were buying again not sure we would buy this one due to fuel economy.

strong feel of truck. new look is great.

fuel economy

Very nice truck
By Michael O'Neill

So far I'm very pleased with my Laramie 3500 4x4 DRW except for the mileage. Right now I'm in the 13-14 mile range. Hopefully, this will get better. My 03 Duramx dually got a legit 16-20.5. It got 12-13 pulling my living quarter horse trailer. The Ram has tons of power and it practically floats down the road. Lots of room in the crew cab and lots of storage. Looking forward to a long term relationship with this truck.

The power, the smooth ride, the exhaust brake and the cool comfortable seats.

Brighter high beams.